Gibson Brands Forums

Ibanez RG 2550 Prestige

Lammas Day

Has anyone got any experience of these?

24289.jpg?1203340886

I'm always swayed by the idea of the typically thin necks on Ibanez (what's the plural of Ibanez?... anyway), but up close they always look so, erm, cheap - like something you'd plug into your Nintendo.

But I've read some very satisfied reviews of the 2550s and was wondering what a more discerning Gibson owner thinks, failing that, you guys (too soon on this board for that kind of talk? well maybe).

I'm always swayed by the idea of the typically thin necks on Ibanez (what's the plural of Ibanez?... anyway), but up close they always look so, erm, cheap - like something you'd plug into your Nintendo.

the quality of high end "prestige" models are second to none for the price, i had a rg770 dx 1987 re-issue as does a fellow on here called "guitarest"...maybe he'l come along and add to the topic [thumbup]

DV016_Jpg_Large_621003.001_royal_blue.jpg

Man dat sure is puuurdey.

No, not got the 2550, and not REALLY thinking about buying on, it's on my list, just browsing eBay and there was one on their for £125! ($200). The reserve wasn't met, the guy said the reserve was £500 - sometimes I'm not in the market for a new guitar but such a bargain comes along I've got to find the money from somewhere, £500 is probably about its price 2nd hand, so not that much of a bargain.

Just got me thinking about Ibanez in general and if they were any good.

PRS remains one of those TOP TOP brands for me, I'd like to own one some day - this looks a BEAUtaaaaaay

24289.jpg?1203340886

But I've read some very satisfied reviews of the 2550s and was wondering what a more discerning Gibson owner thinks, failing that, you guys (too soon on this board for that kind of talk? well maybe).

A friend of mine has one. Outstanding quality for the price imho.

24289.jpg?1203340886

Looked at one of those babies before I bought the PGM100RE. The Wizard Pro necks are pretty fantastic. Built for shredding no doubt. It's going to be VERY different from Gibson or Fender or whatever else you're used to. Pretty thin and wide. Try it.

Archived