Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC sell out wine.

dem00n

Everything after Flick of the Switch sounds the same to me. ....and nobody over 50 has any business playing rock on stage.

Saw AC-DC 2 times on the Black Ice tour. Where i was standing there was a mix of people in all age and sex, and we all had fun. If these guys don't belong on a Rock stage nobody does. Don't think Fly On The Wall(1985) sounds the same as Stiff Upper Lip(2000), well it's of course AC/DC. Stiff Upper Lip got some great songs to crank up on a decent hifi- House Of Jazz - Hold Me Back - Safe In New York City - Can't Stand still and the title track. For me it's pretty clear, i love their sound and attitude, the way they are so im in for the whole ride.

I am in general surprised by AC/DC latest commercial ventures, I love AC/DC so no disrespect from me and they sounded incredible in their Black Ice tour.

They went from a band that did not have a Greatest Hits album, no single songs sold only albums, etc.

Now they have the Iron Man movie soundtrack which is a Greatest hits album really and now wine? it's alright just unexpected from them, still I don't consider them a sell out, they embody the no-sell out image to me and they held for more than 35 years. Much respect.

I was looking at the Warrant website and see that they also have a wine, so does Ratt. Maybe a new fad.

http://www.kristianstorywines.com/purchase-wines-2.htm

Saw AC-DC 2 times on the Black Ice tour. Where i was standing there was a mix of people in all age and sex, and we all had fun. If these guys don't belong on a Rock stage nobody does.

Yeah, just like The Rolling Stones

Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville...

Carlos Santana recently anounced his entry into the "signature tequila" business...

I prefer Paul Mitchells' Patron' brand, ecpecially the Blue Agave...

and oddly, 2 Fingers Gold

when I can find either

just a few grains of good sea-salt, washed down by good tequila(VERY COLD), and a bite from a lime wedge.......yep, thats sippin'

I bet Slash is pissed he didn't start it first!

honestly though

Good for them there still making money and everybody knows yuppies will buy damn near anything to remind them of being young again so good for them. I think it's better than 35 signature guitars. The Grateful Dead released wine bottles years ago (I got the one with the lightning bolt deadhead as a gift) and hell they worse they weren't even real wine. They had big warning labels that it was for decoration only not for consumption.

Guest farnsbarns

I bet Slash is pissed he didn't start it first!

honestly though

Good for them there still making money and everybody knows yuppies will buy damn near anything to remind them of being young again so good for them. I think it's better than 35 signature guitars. The Grateful Dead released wine bottles years ago (I got the one with the lightning bolt deadhead as a gift) and hell they worse they weren't even real wine. They had big warning labels that it was for decoration only not for consumption.

Ha ha, I don't know if the word slash has the same slang meaning in the US as it does over here but you'd have a hard time selling wine named after Slash.

Plenty of places selling wine that tastes like slash.

I wonder if that Sammy Hagar tequila is any good...I've only just started exploring the world of tequila.

Im not sure if Sammy is still a part of Cabo Wabo tequila, but I have tried a bottle and thought it was very good. Everyone who I shared it with agreed that it was better and smoother than Patron.

I can understand how any group or musician who has gained a degree of success over a long career could want to eventually branch out and get involved in some other venture. It's just human nature, and I would probably do the same if I were in that position. It's not selling out IMO.

Archived