Gibson Brands Forums

So. About That Vintage Mahogany ?

Murph

The one for $849.00 with free shipping and a $100.00 rebate and Burstbuckers.

Is this guitar weight relieved, or chambered?

I'm thinking this would make a heckuva gift for someone.

Anybody own one?

Murph.

My best friend owns one, feels amazing for its price... I know some people dont like BB Pros...These sound AMAZING in the VM. Im pretty sure its chambered (thats what it feels like) Sustains for days...

At that price its hard not to get one... I know, im in that situation =D>

So I'm guessing these are a bunch of NOS 07/08 short tenon's built like the Traditional, prior to the "new" '08 chambered with the new neck tenon.

This has to be a heckuva deal though, if you think about it.

Murph.

Murph, an easy way to look at it is this...

The only 2007/2008 Gibson USA Les Paul that is not chambered is the Traditional.

I'm 90% sure that Studios are also chambered, but I may be eating my words on this one.

Historics are all solid bodied...except for ones with a serial number beginning with CR. Those are chambered reissues.

R9, sorry. I meant to say they were built like the chambered Standards prior to the neck tenon change.

Still the best deal in guitar World. I haven't even broken in my new ES-339 yet.......

Murph.

Not for me. I'm getting my daughter a Les Paul for her 9th birthday. She played rhythm on stage with my band a few weeks ago (she's 8 now), and is about to outgrow her 3/4 Squier Strat.

I'm just picking which one, and don't like ceremics.

Murph.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked one up @ GC Labor Day weekend for 699 w/case. I freakin' love it. It makes my crappy playing sound like a really bad *** crappy.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of a 50's neck being "shaved down" (professionally) to the 60's style neck profile? Possible? Would it effect the sound/tone a great deal?

-J

Is this guitar weight relieved' date=' or chambered?

Anybody own one?

Murph.[/quote']

Dont forget: case included!

I played a couple of those a month ago... very nice guitars, specially for the price.

I got a VM at GC during the Labor Day sale for $699, quite a good deal (and new in box, not an abused one off the wall). The all mohogany with BBs is a nice sounding combination. They're the best bang for the buck in the Gibson line.

Is this guitar weight relieved' date=' or chambered?

Anybody own one?

Murph.[/quote']

i have owned 3 and the last two where definitely chambered or at least wieght relieved. My telecaster wieghs more than it did.

Archived