Gibson Brands Forums

So what scales/modes/chords do you play?

cam011235

As he is one of my favourite all time ever classical guitarists, that is one hell of a compliment - thank you sir! Also nice to hear something nice on the net! Like we said in the other thread people can be nasty LOL!

I have played a lute and it is in my sites to buy one, in the next year or so. My wife sings lots of English renaissance songs so I would love to accompany her with a period style instrument!

Matt

awesome thats great lute is beautiful instrument... Renascence was a great era for music some of the earlier medieval was good to..must be great having a wife you can duet with..thats great..julian bream is a real favourite i could hear a resemblance ..there r some stinkers on the web but i have found theres some cool switched on people to..but you have worked very hard on your music i can see that you deserve some feedback

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome thats great lute is beautiful instrument... Renascence was a great era for music some of the earlier medieval was good to..must be great having a wife you can duet with..thats great..julian bream is a real favourite i could hear a resemblance ..there r some stinkers on the web but i have found theres some cool switched on people to..but you have worked very hard on your music i can see that you deserve some feedback

Cheers.

My wife Suzie plays piano and also bass guitar too, so she is great to jam a mix of styles with! When I compare say jamming blues and rock, improvising jazz etc etc - and then - practising/performing classical guitar, really a COMPLETELY different mind set. You have to be so patient and also determined - i.e keep re examining sections of music and refining them. Blues and jazz has always been a great place of solace where I let my hair down so to speak; but my passion without a hesitation is Classical music; Walton, Shostakovich, Britten, Vaughan Wiliiams, Bach ... I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! lol

Matt

Cheers.

My wife Suzie plays piano and also bass guitar too, so she is great to jam a mix of styles with! When I compare say jamming blues and rock, improvising jazz etc etc - and then - practising/performing classical guitar, really a COMPLETELY different mind set. You have to be so patient and also determined - i.e keep re examining sections of music and refining them. Blues and jazz has always been a great place of solace where I let my hair down so to speak; but my passion without a hesitation is Classical music; Walton, Shostakovich, Britten, Vaughan Wiliiams, Bach ... I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! lol

Matt

i really admire the classically trained players it is fantastic to watch and listen..a great classical player in australia is john williams very smooth beautiful technique...jazz blues must give you a good break from the structured classical..your wife sounds very talented you are lucky to have someone so artistic

John Williams isn't a personal favourite of mine, but he is undeniably a master - not to mention one of the most important classical guitarists of all time. I like the recordings of him and Bream playing together. Two completely different guys who just complimented each other so well!

I love Bream the same way I love Jimmy Page, in that both performers live, were risk takers and always tried to go beyond what was humanly possible. As a consequence, sometimes it fell flat on it's face, but when it worked...WOW pure magic! I think with music in general, the modern ethos is of everything being recorded perfectly and no mistakes being tolerated to the point of sterility; the idea of perfection flies in the face not just of the rock n roll attitude of thinking 'to hell with it' and just going for it, but also the classical performers of yester year like Bream, who just metaphorically thought **** it! LOL

Funny enough I watched the film Black Swan Friday night and the idea of this was a part of the film. Great film! I completely support the fu*k it attitude when playing live, better to screw up trying for something good than to play it safe IMHO

Matt

John Williams isn't a personal favourite of mine, but he is undeniably a master - not to mention one of the most important classical guitarists of all time. I like the recordings of him and Bream playing together. Two completely different guys who just complimented each other so well!

I love Bream the same way I love Jimmy Page, in that both performers live, were risk takers and always tried to go beyond what was humanly possible. As a consequence, sometimes it fell flat on it's face, but when it worked...WOW pure magic! I think with music in general, the modern ethos is of everything being recorded perfectly and no mistakes being tolerated to the point of sterility; the idea of perfection flies in the face not just of the rock n roll attitude of thinking 'to hell with it' and just going for it, but also the classical performers of yester year like Bream, who just metaphorically thought **** it! LOL

Funny enough I watched the film Black Swan Friday night and the idea of this was a part of the film. Great film! I completely support the fu*k it attitude when playing live, better to screw up trying for something good than to play it safe IMHO

Matt

they are amazing players williams is a much safer precise player..i like that idea of taking risks..pushing the envelope

Archived