Gibson Brands Forums

More Gibsons !!

suburude63

Well I also went to the bank today and bought (actually won an auction on the Bay) an

Advanced Jumbo Supreme. Madagascar Rosewood and an Adi top with Ebony bridge and fret board. I rolled the dice and won! Here it is . But I dont get it till next week. As soon as I get it Ill let you know what I think. Has anyone else on the forum got one of these or know production numbers or whatever. Theres very little on line ?

AJSupreme-6.jpg

AJSupreme-3.jpg

AJSupreme-5.jpg

AJSupreme-4.jpg

Wow... beauty of an AJ! I would love the hear a regular AJ next to one of those.

I find it interesting that even though it has an ebony bridge while the standards are rosewood, the photos seem to show that they went with a closed end bridge instead of the traditional open ended bridge like on mine. I wonder why, or is it just the angle of the picture and it is open ended?

PICT3329.jpg

Guest NattyBumppo

good plan. the gold are on sooo many models but most of them would look better with white buttons.

I guess I'm the odd man out on this because I actually feel the gold vintage style tuners look great with the classic sunburst and dark stained neck.

Actually Ballcorner it comes with "bone" pins from the factory! I asked. I guess they could do it on a $5000+ guitar. Its a 2007 BTW.

Oh Darn It!! I was so hoping this would be the end point for the 1200+ view plastic pin argument.

Here we go again.

LOL

ballcorner Heres the end of the argument. :-) From Gibson.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. It absolutely is!! This model has specially handpicked Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, Adirondak spruce top, and ebony bridge, and fingerboard. It also has a bone nut, saddle, and bridge pins. Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jon Sutherland

Gibson Customer Service

Archived