Gibson Brands Forums

These YouTube vids have helped me so much with Beatles bass lines

duane v

Man I'm really starting to get this bass thing down, and I'm liking it more than playing guitar.... Only thing is I'm playing the crap out of my 66 Hofner, and wondering if I should be playing it so much.

Anywhoo, I've been listening to these Paul Macca's isolated bass tracks, and man that dude is a rocker of a bass player, and have learned tons over the last three months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOjoXAc9bPs&feature=related

I played some bass years ago before guitar and my teacher was a huge Paul Mcartney fan.The first bass tune I learned was "Eight Days a Week". I never would have guessed the bass line Paul played in that song, he never just rode one note he constantly had his own groove going in every song.

Oh yeah, Paul is extraordinary bass player. I am sometimes…, when we play the Beatles and I see that our bass player cannot play beautiful passages of Paul, it upset me if it was a record and I am finishing these passages at home. But I'm not a bassist and I do this for my 6-string electric guitar and it turns out that it even sounds in new ways. Since the passages of Paul are really unusual and sometimes they are suitable for solo guitar [flapper][thumbup] .

Guest farnsbarns

These YouTube vids have helped me so much with Beatles bass lines

That is a shame. They probably won't care but you could try complaining to YouTube. ;)

Archived