Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Guitar Collection

4Hayden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. The V has definitely been seeing a lot of play time lately. I took the pickguard off of the Epiphone. I think it sounds (and looks) a lot better now.

Also, I always like your photos. Great stuff. [thumbup]

A V is definately on my list of guitars to get in the future. I would go with either black or white... or if I found a Korina on, I'd try to grab that instead if I could.

This might be my favorite LP in this thread so far. Really cool grain on that. [thumbup]

lo-res_MG_2523-1.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

Woa, you made that? That rules. Very interesting pickup configuration and placement for the controls. I don't know much about Joe Bonamassa's guitar that this was modeled after, but it's pretty sweet.

Cheers

.T

This might be my favorite LP in this thread so far. Really cool grain on that. [thumbup]

Woa, you made that? That rules. Very interesting pickup configuration and placement for the controls. I don't know much about Joe Bonamassa's guitar that this was modeled after, but it's pretty sweet.

Cheers

.T

Thanks man, I think the designer said he modeled the electronics and pickup config, off that of a Fender lapsteel. I couldn't build the pickups like Gibson did, so I wired two single coils to a blend pot (the one behind the strings) and a master volume and master tone.

Now that I have the experience of building one, I do plan to revisit this model and make another, with more experience.

I would like to build a few more first, including some custom tele's and versions of the la cabronita especial, but being in university I have limited time and am 9000 miles away from my tools. [thumbdn]

Sweet guitars guys.

Jones, you're an animal! Why do you need so many guitars?? [lol]

PM me if you ever decide to sell an SG.

Sorry. I already left the SGs to Fuzzy Fred in my will.(See above)

And I agree. There are a ton of beautiful guitars in this thread.

Sorry. I already left the SGs to Fuzzy Fred in my will.(See above)

And I agree. There are a ton of beautiful guitars in this post.

Actually, didn't he just ask for the ones with the Maestro trems?

If that's all Fuzzy was looking for I'll take the others off your hands when the time comes. ...and I wont' be so fussy (Fuzzy?) as to limit myself to SG's. They may be my favorite model, but when Gibson's are being willed away, I'll take whatever someone sees fit. [lol]

Besides, your practically next door to me (I live in Moncton NB) - the shipping costs will be way lower leaving more of whatever cash is in your estate for the people who it was left to. :)

myrig.jpg

one thing about my rig that I'm particularly proud of now, is the Snarling Dogs wah - I was beginning to consider trading it for a Crybaby 535Q.... then I got a close-up look at Jeff Beck's pedal board when he played in Moncton last week.

While I didn't recognize much of it, I immediately recognized the distinctive treadle of a Slarling Dogs wah... it may not be the Blues Bawls like I've got (he's got the Whino Wah); It's basically the same wah pedal with a different overdrive circuit.

Anything good enough for Jeff Beck is certainly good enough for me. [biggrin]

heheheh - a coworker's son saw this pic and assumed my wife must have a really good job if I can afford all this stuff on the same salary his father is making. My coworker explained that he could afford all this stuff too - if he didn't have to pay child support for his son. ](*,)[lol]#-o

I did.

Modelled it after one of Joe Bonamassa's guitars as seen here (main difference is his is Korina and mine is Mahogany, although a mahogany one exists) :

Build thread:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/132634-les-paul-skylark-build.html

Very nice workmanship there,now you got me wanting to build one !

Actually, didn't he just ask for the ones with the Maestro trems?

If that's all Fuzzy was looking for I'll take the others off your hands when the time comes. ...and I wont' be so fussy (Fuzzy?) as to limit myself to SG's. They may be my favorite model, but when Gibson's are being willed away, I'll take whatever someone sees fit. [lol]

Besides, your practically next door to me (I live in Moncton NB) - the shipping costs will be way lower leaving more of whatever cash is in your estate for the people who it was left to. :)

You certainly do make some compelling arguments :-k

Wish I could add pictures but can't right now (wouldn't say it if I didn't have it).

1967 Martin D-12-20

1972 Aria Classical 552

1996 MIM Fender Stratocaster

1982 Gibson Les Paul (Studio) Silver Streak

2001 Rand HDSG-12

2005 Fender MIJ Stratocaster XII (twelve string)

2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special II

2006 Gibson SG Standard (Cherry, of course)

2009 Epiphone DOT VS

2009 Epiphone Thunderbird bass

2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Fireburst

See, I also want your Maestros and the problem with Fred is he's in the US. It's much easier to send those SGs to me. [biggrin]

Another Canuck? Maybe we should keep some of this lumber north of the 49th. UPS would just snap the necks off anyway.

Blue one is new?

New to me. I've had it for a few months now but it's a 2006. NOS.

Another Canuck? Maybe we should keep some of this lumber north of the 49th. UPS would just snap the necks off anyway.

Yup, I'm in Ontario. The wife and I might drive out to the east coast next year. If we do, I'll keep some free space in the car for (at least) one of your SGs. [biggrin]

The Tele looks lonely though.

I used to have its sibling - a '56 NOS Strat. Funny, I had a 513, sold it for a Strat, got a Strat, then traded it towards another 513. I love 513s and won't make that mistake again.

Archived