Gibson Brands Forums

The random band feature on Metal-Archives

Shnate McDuanus

Just found out about this Icelandic funeral doom band on Metal-Archives, through the "Random Band" feature. I love their music. Too bad they only released one album.

Seriously, even if you don't like the screeched black metal vocals, at least listen to it just for the music. It's really layered and beautiful, extremely powerful and almost symphonic without being cheesy like Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir. This is real power in music. There's an excellent piano-based section that begins at around 1:50. It's really a fantastic song and I'm going to try and see if I can buy a copy of the album through its original distributor, because I'd really like to contribute to the artists. In fact, I'd like them to get together again and do a second album.

Enjoy! [thumbup]

its the anti hipstery of anti hipster music [biggrin]

I'm in class, so i'll listen to it when i get a chance

I'm not so sure it's anti-hipster. Metal guys and indie guys treat their music in very similar ways--the difference is in the specific music listened to, and the qualities that they consider in deeming it true or false.

I understand being in class. I just got out of my first one. On that note--what the fxck are you doing on the forum? Pay attention, you damn kid! [biggrin]

I'm not so sure it's anti-hipster. Metal guys and indie guys treat their music in very similar ways--the difference is in the specific music listened to, and the qualities that they consider in deeming it true or false.

I understand being in class. I just got out of my first one. On that note--what the fxck are you doing on the forum? Pay attention, you damn kid! [biggrin]

I'm out now but still on campus. It's a bs lecture class where he doesn't talk about anything but how worthless the class is. He's the shittiest teacher ever

Pics? You know I loves me some pics.

There are plenty of websites I'm sure that you can find for canadian c-toe [flapper]

she's pretty awesome though, i should visit your college sometime with all of my hipsterness :D

dude, I'm sorry. I can't stand the vocals. the intro isn't bad, just the vocals make me want to throw up

Soon as it got to the Piano I was hooked. And he's kinda singing in that scream, kudos to that vocalist. [thumbup]

I always say that about Blues guys, too. The music comes out totally different, but the approach is not dissimilar.

I listened to most of the record. This is some pretty deep ****, it can go from crazy black metalness to soft chords being plucked and calm piano. It's very progressive and very good. Though from the looks of it we wont see a other record from them.

I listened to most of the record. This is some pretty deep ****, it can go from crazy black metalness to soft chords being plucked and calm piano. It's very progressive and very good. Though from the looks of it we wont see a other record from them.

Yeah man, it's one of the deepest and most inventive metal releases I've heard in a long time.

Definitely a new favorite of mine--even if they only end up ever releasing one album.

Just found out about this Icelandic funeral doom band on Metal-Archives, through the "Random Band" feature. I love their music. Too bad they only released one album.

Seriously, even if you don't like the screeched black metal vocals, at least listen to it just for the music. It's really layered and beautiful, extremely powerful and almost symphonic without being cheesy like Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir. This is real power in music. There's an excellent piano-based section that begins at around 1:50. It's really a fantastic song and I'm going to try and see if I can buy a copy of the album through its original distributor, because I'd really like to contribute to the artists. In fact, I'd like them to get together again and do a second album.

Enjoy! [thumbup]

I like it. I was scared that the vocal would be the usual Popeye-with-a-bad-head-cold stuff, but it's actually not bad. Quite melodic.

Archived