Gibson Brands Forums

I played a god yesterday

Enmitygauged

$17599 [scared] [scared]

Is that how much they actually go for or is that just the sticker price? I thought only Alembic went up in that price very often.

I believe that's what they go for......Gibson made a bunch of them based on his '59.........Hmmm......

For that money I'd buy a handful of '57 re-issues..............

I believe that's what they go for......Gibson made a bunch of them based on his '59.........Hmmm......

For that money I'd buy a handful of '57 re-issues..............

I'd like to get my hands on one though, I would never pay that amount for one but it would be nice to see what a $17599 Les Paul plays like.

I'd like to get my hands on one though, I would never pay that amount for one but it would be nice to see what a $17599 Les Paul plays like.

Nope thats just Australian Pricing. We pay heaps more than you guys. Thats why when I said I have spent 70 k in 6 years with the store it isnt that hard here in Australia. Sux cos our dollar is better than America's at the moment. It makes no sense. Fender have dramatically dropped in price. My Ash Bodied Fender Tele American Standard retailed at $2450 here when I got it. I paid 1900.00 now they retail for around 1700.00 which is in line with the fact that when I bought mine the Aussie dollar was at 68c to the USD. I think at the time I could have ordered one on EBAY and had it sent here for 1600.00 but I wont pay until I play. Why havent Gibsons dropped???

I would say though I could get her for around 14k if I really wanted it.

I always look at the price tag as a suggested starting point for negotiation. No negotiation, I walk away, simple as that. The ability to negotiate and reason towards a mutually beneficial outcome is what separates SOME of us from chimpanzees. msp_thumbup.gif

My name is Chimp Consumer.....I went to Guitar Center to buy a pick....The salesman said that I needed to buy a guitar in order to be allowed to

buy a pick.....So the nice man sold me this this Les Paul at only $500.00 above list price, and he only charged me $400.00 for the case..He then

signed the guitar for me and only charged me an extra $2000.00 because he signed it...I forgot to buy a pick....They also have some vintage used

strings on sale...He says the rust makes them more valuable....I love Guitar Center................

jpg066.jpg

My name is Chimp Consumer.....I went to Guitar Center to buy a pick....The salesman said that I needed to buy a guitar in order to be allowed to

buy a pick.....So the nice man sold me this this Les Paul at only $500.00 above list price, and he only charged me $400.00 for the case..He then

signed the guitar for me and only charged me an extra $2000.00 because he signed it...I forgot to buy a pick....They also have some vintage used

strings on sale...He says the rust makes them more valuable....I love Guitar Center................

jpg066.jpg

First mistake was that they'd expect you to use the term Plectrum... if you were a serious player lol

Archived