Gibson Brands Forums

Weird P-up Discovery

rubyred

Gday

I have just put on a Wilkinson roller bridge on the Wildkat and it was basically a replacement with the posts and existing bushings and fit the bridge - too easy, now I have to set it up :-k

However when I first posted here as it had different p-ups black dog ear p-90s, someone suggested I have a look at what they were, they are GFS , which is a nice discovery - BUT as I discovered just now, the guy I purchased it from had his `mate` do the replacement - he put the neck p-up in the bridge and the bridge in the neck - an easy fix but is does explain a few things in hindsight??

As i was blinded by the `Kats beauty and the price I paid for it , the poles on the bridge were wound right up, and the ones on the neck wound down - the weird difference in tone and volume - as I never have owned a semi before i thought this was some of its `character`.

Also found that the neck is slightly bowed forward in the first 3-4 frets with a slight dip in the middle - not much but just noticeable by following the neck binding when it lays flat.

I have played with truss rods on my old yamaha acoustic - but not sure if I wanna tackle this one ?

Anyway newbie mistakes - and off to try and fix her up so she`s all fine and dandy.

But the roller bridge just seems to fit right in with the Bigsby as if I t was meant to be there.

Which Wilkinson bridge ??? Pics would be nice.......I just found out a Wilkinson won't fit on my Riviera P-3 without drilling.....

And, yes, gotta get me a Wildkat as well.........Folks love them.........

Rectifying the problems I found earlier - Ruby has had surgery to fix the p-ups and the bridge height done (well until I string it up anyway. Slowly working on the straightening the neck.

Many thanks to Rastus for the advice and guidance along the way - cheers mate.

the roller bridge

DSCF1034.jpg

DSCF1032-1.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

Looks like it's coming along nicely Jord, well done mate.

Thanks mate - I wouldn`t have tried any of this without help from you.

This is the 3rd geet you have helped me adjust - greatly appreciated.

thats the same color as mine i dont see many that color.

from what I have read the colour was a Ltd.Ed. run - no idea why or how many.

I really hope this The Big Bang Theory DVD show survives. I really hope America is smart enough to get the jokes. Arrested development failed because people were not smart enough... very sad. I think the combo of the dumb blonde with the overly intellegent boys will make for a great time whenever it is on. The L Word DVD Seriously how do you not love a show where two grown men walk into their apartment in their tighties and pretty thight boxers after trying to retreive a TV for the hot girl? It's been a long time since I've laughed out loud throughout an entire episode of any show, but Big Bang Theory is one of the funniest, well written and well acted screwball comedies I've ever seen. Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD Who could not root for this naive pair of brainiacs. As a female, I prononce that they are absoultely adorable! What fun this series is. And it has the virtue of leading into another laugh a minute comedy. Cold Case DVD The show goes along with 4 nerds, but only two main nerds. There lives seem to going in the right direction when a beatuy moves next door.There lives begin to change when there new friend has charactics they dont like.In the end they make it threw the challenges and still remain good friends. Desperate Housewives DVD I like this show becauses it is like Beauty and the Geek for CBS.It is one of the best new comedies and actually has comedy that hasnt been touched on tv for along time.

interestmeter.jpg

I really hope this The Big Bang Theory DVD show survives. I really hope America is smart enough to get the jokes. Arrested development failed because people were not smart enough... very sad. I think the combo of the dumb blonde with the overly intellegent boys will make for a great time whenever it is on. The L Word DVD Seriously how do you not love a show where two grown men walk into their apartment in their tighties and pretty thight boxers after trying to retreive a TV for the hot girl? It's been a long time since I've laughed out loud throughout an entire episode of any show, but Big Bang Theory is one of the funniest, well written and well acted screwball comedies I've ever seen. Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD Who could not root for this naive pair of brainiacs. As a female, I prononce that they are absoultely adorable! What fun this series is. And it has the virtue of leading into another laugh a minute comedy. Cold Case DVD The show goes along with 4 nerds, but only two main nerds. There lives seem to going in the right direction when a beatuy moves next door.There lives begin to change when there new friend has charactics they dont like.In the end they make it threw the challenges and still remain good friends. Desperate Housewives DVD I like this show becauses it is like Beauty and the Geek for CBS.It is one of the best new comedies and actually has comedy that hasnt been touched on tv for along time

hogwashmeterred.jpg

spam2.jpg

I just found out a Wilkinson won't fit on my Riviera P-3 without drilling.....

...because the post spacing on the guitar is too wide, right? File the insides of the post holes on the bridge. 10 minute fix. I had to do that on my Explorer.

Archived