Gibson Brands Forums

Doritos Tapatio

Jantha

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it seems weird to talk about these types of chains because in Chicago we have a *huge* Mexican population. There's a mom and pop taqueria on every corner. If the one closest to you is crappy, you just walk another block.

And this place has killer pollo en mole - http://www.losnopalesrestaurant.com/index.html

It's pretty much the same in the city I live in. The closer you get to the downtown area, the greater the selection. I personally love to frequent the mom & pop places, but I've found that a lot of people I know are afraid to for various silly reasons and would rather flock to well established chains. Their loss.

Oh yea.. Pollo en Mole is one of my favorites. [thumbup]

I know. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

While we're on the subject of Mexican food.. Have any of you guys eaten garnachas? I've never seen them in a resturant, but they're so good. They're tacos with potatos and sauce and usually shredded beef or chicken. This Mexican family that are friends of my family make us some occasionally and when they do I usually eat like 10 of them a day (two or three make a meal).

They also make us these tamales with banana leaves instead of corn husks.. Needless to say I love these people. They bring us huge platters of the best food I've ever had just out of the blue. They're really generous.

I know. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

While we're on the subject of Mexican food.. Have any of you guys eaten garnachas? I've never seen them in a resturant, but they're so good. They're tacos with potatos and sauce and usually shredded beef or chicken. This Mexican family that are friends of my family make us some occasionally and when they do I usually eat like 10 of them a day (two or three make a meal).

They also make us these tamales with banana leaves instead of corn husks.. Needless to say I love these people. They bring us huge platters of the best food I've ever had just out of the blue. They're really generous.

potato tacos are like the best **** ever. buncha like enchilada type sauce with more heat and some beef and cheese? holy hell

man, i love the slightly spicy kick of the tapatio doritos. i'm addicted to that msg too. it's like crack. right now, i can't go a week without eating a bag. i even look for the biggest size, but i find that the 99 cent bag and the middle-sized one are more available. haven't seen the habanero ones anywhere yet. love to get a hold of a bag of those and wash it down with a cold one....

Yeah man and the way these people make them they are ridiculously good.

Thankfully they taught the ladies in my family some of their recipies so when they move back to Mexico we can still have their awesome food. The recipies are kinda top secret though I can't post them on here.

Yeah man and the way these people make them they are ridiculously good.

Thankfully they taught the ladies in my family some of their recipies so when they move back to Mexico we can still have their awesome food. The recipies are kinda top secret though I can't post them on here.

totally understand. just mail me some of them in a tupperware container and i'll give you a hug

Lol can you mail stuff on like refrigerated trucks or planes?

Oh yeah also.. Any fans of the Lays kettle cooked jalapeño chips? Those are my favorite chips ever. Lays kettle chips are way better than that kettle chip brand that gives you like 15 chips and some air in a bag.

Lol can you mail stuff on like refrigerated trucks or planes?

Oh yeah also.. Any fans of the Lays kettle cooked jalapeño chips? Those are my favorite chips ever. Lays kettle chips are way better than that kettle chip brand that gives you like 15 chips and some air in a bag.

i have no idea... just drive here, you have my address haha

never tried it, but i can only eat kettle cooked chips now, regular chips are so ******* greasy

Lol I'll slap one in an envelope for you. You will become violently I'll but it will be totally worth it.

The kettle chips are so crunchy and delicious. The cut my mouth up a little but I don't really care because they're tasty.

totes magotes worth it.

dude, i'm the same way with cap'n crunch when i get the munchies, cuts my mouth but its delish

no man, that newb ripped me off. tryin to give me a bad name. been around a few years longer than that....

I remember you. You're the other guy with a Carvin x100b

Your opinion on the doritos pretty much goes along exactly with why I like tapatio. It's not that spicy but I just think it tastes really good.

Soo I guess we're tapatio/x100b buds

Archived