Gibson Brands Forums

Bit of some case problems...

Naradien

Hey guys.. Each time i take out my les paul from my case, on the pickups there seems to be some finger-print like marks on it. I tried cleaning em off with the towl but a couple marks just are too hard to get off. Also, do these affect the sound in anyway? Also, what polish, and maintenance techniques would you use to keep my les paul in top shape? Thanks in advance!

Nevr-Dull wadding polish is great on metal. The US Navy used it to polish the skins on their fighter jets. I used it on my racing motorcycles' date=' and it cleans up the nickel on my 335 pretty good, too.[/quote']

+1 I'd forgotten about this product... used it on my armor back when I used to fight. Excellent recomendation for a metal polish

Nevr-Dull wadding polish is great on metal. The US Navy used it to polish the skins on their fighter jets. I used it on my racing motorcycles' date=' and it cleans up the nickel on my 335 pretty good, too.[/quote']

+1 Never-Dull used it on my harley for years but I think it is better for nickel rather than on chrome... I made the polished aluminum on my Sportster Look like chrome... but since I got the Road King... I don't need it, everything is chrome

+1 also on Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish, great stuff!!!

+1 Never-Dull used it on my harley for years but I think it is better for nickel rather than on chrome... I made the polished aluminum on my Sportster Look like chrome... but since I got the Road King... I don't need it' date=' everything is chrome

+1 also on Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish, great stuff!!! [/quote']

My ES-335 has nickel hardware (which tarnishes quickly), and it worked fine. Mostly (other than guitars) I've used it on aluminum, which it shines very nicely. PC modders use it to put a final polish on the processor chip where the heat sink mates up with silicon gunk for better heat transfer.

Archived