Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page Guitar

Xico Zé

I was wondering why hasn't Epiphone made a Jimmy Page Guitar, Gibson made 'Number Two', which is a dream guitar, but it's price tag is way up. I firstly wanted to know why Epiphone never atempted to make a guitar with Jimmy Page and secondly STRONGLY sugest to do one. Joe bonamassa, slash, Zack wylde, etc. all have epihone sinature guitars, why dose Jimmy Page not have one as well?

If Epiphone made one I would for shure buy one!

G'day XZ, welcome to the forums, great bunch of guys around here, I hope you like the place.

It's not just up to Epiphone or Gibson, the artist involved also has to sign off on any signature models bearing their name, I would dare say that Jimmy doesn't want a cheaper version of his guitar, not sure about that, but that's probably what has happened.

EDIT: even artists who have passed on are managed this way, the Lennon and Orbison models had to be cleared for re-issue by the people who manages their estates.

It's a shame...

He is much more deserving of a sig. model than Wylde, and I don't think I'd heard of Bonamassa before his sig. model...

imo

Plus, It'd be a much nicer looking guitar... [thumbup]

And welcome to the forums...

One of the great strengths of Epiphone guitars, is that many of the models make great platforms for modifications.. I would suggest buying an Epiphone LP standard and fitting new pick-ups with four core wires and buy push pull pots so you can switch each pick-up individually for series/parallel and coil splitting. [biggrin]

One of the great strengths of Epiphone guitars, is that many of the models make great platforms for modifications.. I would suggest buying an Epiphone LP standard and fitting new pick-ups with four core wires and buy push pull pots so you can switch each pick-up individually for series/parallel and coil splitting. [biggrin]

+1. I've put the 4 push-pull Jimmy Page system in several Epi LP's. Do that with a pair of Duncan PAF's, and you have your Jimmy Page guitar.

Speaking of Jimmy Page...can someone tell me anything about the LP he's playing in this video? It has 6 pushbuttons just below the 3 way switch, above the pups. I have only seen this guitar in this particular video and never in any other or any pics of it either. You can see it pretty clearly at about the 4:45 mark in the video.

Archived