Gibson Brands Forums

new song

Silenced Fred

This song is pretty cool. The sparse accompaniment and your voice set the mood. I can envision a couple young guys, late at night, nothing to do, and they're just lamenting that there's not much going-on for them. I like this kind of music. I can understand the lyrics and identify with them.. Often, too many instruments kill the entire purpose of a song. This arrangement is ideal to my ears. Nice stuff, my friend.

This song is pretty cool. The sparse accompaniment and your voice set the mood. I can envision a couple young guys, late at night, nothing to do, and they're just lamenting that there's not much going-on for them. I like this kind of music. I can understand the lyrics and identify with them.. Often, too many instruments kill the entire purpose of a song. This arrangement is ideal to my ears. Nice stuff, my friend.

thank you. i'm not sure if you have listened to bright eyes or not, but it was a major influence on this song. i actually recorded this at like 2am and then played with a few other arrangements, and none of them seemed to work out quite as well. I know right now, these are all demos and stuff and they need a lot of work before I officially release anything, but I like it so far

Thanks man! [thumbup]

thank you. i'm not sure if you have listened to bright eyes or not, but it was a major influence on this song. i actually recorded this at like 2am and then played with a few other arrangements, and none of them seemed to work out quite as well. I know right now, these are all demos and stuff and they need a lot of work before I officially release anything, but I like it so far

Thanks man! [thumbup]

Yes, I think I heard "bright eyes." You had it on another thread. I believe I liked it also. [thumbup]

Sounds good, a little long tho, how do radio stations manage songs over there? Down here if your song's longer than 3:30 they cut it off [thumbdn]

On a side not, and just because I just read what you posted above, I usually don't listen to what people post, it's a little hard for me to lie when they ask how good it was LOL so I prefer not to listen and just say "good stuff" or something like that... BUT, I do listen to the songs you post and everything posted by Shred and Matt (and other members of the forum too but I won't make a list right now).

Sounds good, a little long tho, how do radio stations manage songs over there? Down here if your song's longer than 3:30 they cut it off [thumbdn]

On a side not, and just because I just read what you posted above, I usually don't listen to what people post, it's a little hard for me to lie when they ask how good it was LOL so I prefer not to listen and just say "good stuff" or something like that... BUT, I do listen to the songs you post and everything posted by Shred and Matt (and other members of the forum too but I won't make a list right now).

word. i have a few other more poppy "radio friendly" songs in my repertoire, I'm working on a version of this that is shorter and with a harmony singing part for the chorus, I might send you a copy. its still gonna be right around 4 or 5 minutes i think. i have a few songs that are right around 3 minutes, so when i get famous and they play my music in Bolivia ( [blink] ). you can hear it

OK, an honest comment: you need to work on singing in tune better - there were quite a few "clinkers" there.

Maybe a few clinkers but the potential is there. Good job , if not a tad long. Keep it up !

i'm gonna sound like i'm making excuses, and you don't have to believe me, but here goes: i don't want it perfect. on other songs i'll try and iron out and work on songs, but the imperfections, to me, are what makes it. most of my favorite singers (besides for Dallas Green) are all people that everyone else will say needs to shut up (Conor Oberst, Jeff Tweedy, and tons of others). If I wanted an amazing vocal performance, that's not my forte. I like the little weird things in my songs, when I hear them, they make me smile.

Again, these are just demos really, and in december-january, I'm going to be in a studio to record this stuff in much better quality, then probably record CDs and try and peddle them at shows and just in general. I'm gonna start another topic about CD releases

thanks for listening though, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I make music for me, but if no one listened, I wouldn't get nearly as much joy out of it

Archived