Gibson Brands Forums

Blues Jam Vid

Voodoo Monkey

You're welcome, love your sound so smooth, is your Les Paul a 2008 std model? did you have add the pickgard, because normally Std 2008 comes without no?

It is a Standard 08 I just got new 2 weeks ago. The pickguard comes on the gold top and ebony, The others are bursts with 'AA' tops and don't have pickguards. If you want to hear a real nice smooth sound check this out. It's the LP going into a Fender Deluxe III amp's Clean channel using a Hermida Zendrive OD pedal. It's really smooth, I use it for the softer stuff. [laugh]

I feel your pain - nice playing too msp_thumbup.gif but I still fill your pain!

Matt

Thanks Matt. I just watched your Youtube video. Great playing. Situation was very much the same. A couple weeks back I was watching the New England Patriots play the NY Giants. About a minute left the Patriots score a touchdown, I thought the game was over but in the last minute the Giants got it most the way down the field and a penalty on New England's put the Giants about a yard from the endzone. They got a touchdown and won the the Patriots were shamed and I lost on my Football card because of that. ](*,)[laugh]

It is a Standard 08 I just got new 2 weeks ago. The pickguard comes on the gold top and ebony, The others are bursts with 'AA' tops and don't have pickguards. If you want to hear a real nice smooth sound check this out. It's the LP going into a Fender Deluxe III amp's Clean channel using a Hermida Zendrive OD pedal. It's really smooth, I use it for the softer stuff. [laugh]

Yeahhh, really like that tone, jazzy smooth tone [thumbup]

Thanks Matt. I just watched your Youtube video. Great playing. Situation was very much the same. A couple weeks back I was watching the New England Patriots play the NY Giants. About a minute left the Patriots score a touchdown, I thought the game was over but in the last minute the Giants got it most the way down the field and a penalty on New England's put the Giants about a yard from the endzone. They got a touchdown and won the the Patriots were shamed and I lost on my Football card because of that. ](*,)[laugh]

That sucks!

I just never ever learn, I get swept along with belief and also completely carried away with all the run up to the tournament - despite all past disappointments, when the inevitable crash happens I am still injured LOL -

England haven't won the world cup since 1966, have only made it to the semi once; in 1990. The 2010 campaign was the worst World cup performance since 1958 - yet I am an incurable optimist (I bet next year in the Euro I will be recording the England blues part 2! LMAO)

Matt

That sucks!

I just never ever learn, I get swept along with belief and also completely carried away with all the run up to the tournament - despite all past disappointments, when the inevitable crash happens I am still injured LOL -

England haven't won the world cup since 1966, have only made it to the semi once; in 1990. The 2010 campaign was the worst World cup performance since 1958 - yet I am an incurable optimist (I bet next year in the Euro I will be recording the England blues part 2! LMAO)

Matt

That's how it always goes. Most of the home team where I am have recently won. The Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup this year. The last time they won I was one. The Red Sox Won twice over the last several years, before that they haven't won a championship since around the time of the Titanic! [laugh] I'm not a big baseball fan though. I like hockey and football which reminds me I have to see how the teams are doing today with my football card. I could be doing another blues jam soon. [laugh]

Really very nice. People here get into crazy arguments about who's the best blues player, Moore, Clapton, Vaughan and lots of others. Yours is what I prefer to listen to. Very nice.

Thank you Grampa. That was very nice to hear. I have heard people like to argue here and I was really unsure about posting some of my videos. I didn't have a picture of my Gold Top so I uploaded a couple videos and went from there. People seem to like them so I put up a few more. I like all they players you mentioned. They are all great IMHO. It doesn't matter to me which players are better or not, I just enjoy listening.

Archived