Gibson Brands Forums

Classic Muscle Cars

Tman5293

The post about the Opel G.T. was kind of timely,for just a couple of weeks ago here the police recovered an Opel G.T. that was reported stolen 34 years ago.An astute person who had seen the car in a neighbour's garage vaguely remembered the story of the stolen Opel because it was in his neighbourhood.There were only 8 Opel G.T.s in the entire province.No doubt the original owner was tickled to death to get his "baby Vette" back he was pretty peeved that a neighbour who he talked to regularly was responsible.There hasn't been any more news of what's going on with it lately and the police are staying tight-lipped about it for some reason.

Some UK-ites enjoy staring at auto Americana

But our auto fuel tax policy precludes the wide enjoyment of muscle type cars

Having to be satisfied with classics like....

Jaguar XK 120 on

Sunbeam Alpine Tiger V8

Austin Healey 3000

Triumph TR 2,3,4,5,6,7

Jaguar E Type

Morgan Plus 8

Bikes various....

V....(8)

:-({|=

Of all the "Toys" I have had over the years I miss two:

(disclaimer: these are STOCK photos to represent said vehicles.)

My First love at 19 yrs old. A '62 Chevy II wagon, Small block bored and stroked to a 383 with a balls built TH400 Automatic, and 3.73 gears in the rear.

3498797611_eb431f88c2.jpg

And my '67 LeMans with a .30 over 326 again a Balls built TH400 And highway gears(2.73) Not a drag car but total highway machine at top speed of 130mph1967_Pontiac_LeMans.jpg

I used to have a AC Shelby Corbra replica with a 5.0 Mustang engine. It was like a giant go cart.

I love muscle cars, but don't think I will ever own another one: too much work, upkeep, storage, etc. Plus, anything that gives increased revenues to oil companies I am against. That's just me.

To me, there will never be a car as beautiful as '68 Mustang Fastback...a Jaguar XKE is a close second

I've been watching these for the past half hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmlXzmFP184&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41IT6SD24_g&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Watching those drag races has reminded me of how much I love old muscle cars.

As I am too young to have ever owned one, I want to know what muscle cars, if any, did the older members of the forum own or still own. Pics would be awesome if you have any.

Another question that I have is, what is your favorite muscle car? Here's mine:

dodge_challenger_rt_ad_70.jpg

Fast cars & fast women will get you in trouble !

Archived