Gibson Brands Forums

The Far Side

Scratch47

I'm nowhere near most of you all in terms of playing. I write some songs and every now and then post one that means something to me. A close guitar picking friend passed away unexpectedly earlier this year. He was one of those special guys you like immediately; always asking others what he could do for them. As selfless a guy as I've met. Anyway; this is for Mark... http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11229957&q=hi&newref=1

Well, that was just lovely, sir-a fine, fine song and sweetly rendered.

Nobody's fire is "better" than anyone else's-- music from the heart gives off heat and light and summons other hearts to gather 'round. You've added to your friend's legacy, and I thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the kind comments good folks. [rolleyes]

I've been (kindly) told I'm not cut out to write happy songs, and I must admit many are melancholy. But I firmly believe music helps to heal the soul. Thanks again...

And yes; Mark was one heckuva guy. Great memories...

Sweet song, scratch. Very, very real. You write what's there. That's all you can do. When it's real, you don't have to embellish it much or exaggerate. You just tell it like it is/was. You do it well, my friend. Happy or sad, just do it as you feel it......And not a thing in the world wrong with you guitar playing. When it comes to guitar playing ability, you're best not being anywhere near me.....Keep it going, buddy.

Archived