Gibson Brands Forums

New Epiphone Riviera NV

CajunBlues

Got my used (mint condition) Riviera from MUSIC123.... The price was kind of high at $512... But I will admit it's worth it... I am very impressed with the quality and sound of the guitar... To me it looks exactly like an elitist... And oh yeah.. almost forgot... The center block appears to be 1/2 mahogany and 1/2 maple... The bottom looks like mahogany and the top looks like maple... Not that anyone really cares... [sneaky]

100_0010.jpg

100_0009.jpg

100_0007.jpg

. And oh yeah.. almost forgot... The center block appears to be 1/2 mahogany and 1/2 maple... The bottom looks like mahogany and the top looks like maple... Not that anyone really cares... [sneaky]

I care, always have, always will !!!!!!!!!!!!! [flapper]:rolleyes:[thumbup] :unsure: [smile] .

And oh yeah.. almost forgot... The center block appears to be 1/2 mahogany and 1/2 maple... The bottom looks like mahogany and the top looks like maple... Not that anyone really cares... [sneaky]

Dude, we all care. You really need to post pictures. A Riviera is towards the top of my list for my next guitar. I need inpiration.

The center block appears to be 1/2 mahogany and 1/2 maple...

Interesting. I pulled my Valensi out again for another look, and it's just one piece of maple - but again, this hardly matters. As discussed in the other thread, numerous woods work well in the centerblock application. And I agree about the high build quality on this model. In fact, I was very surprised to see that the one-piece mahogany neck does not even have headstock wings. Pretty unique guitar, with true P94 Gibson single coils in a semi-hollowbody..... Enjoy!

Archived