Gibson Brands Forums

What goes well with a Korina Traditional Pro?

chipwich

A Tiny Terror 1x12 combo does! Beware, if you demo one of these amps, leave your plastic in the car. Better, leave it at home. Absolutely incredible warm tube tone. For those noticing a slight change in the Korina, I've swapped out the stock pups for a pair of Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros.

IMG_00050.jpg

IMG_00051.jpg

I know they are awesome little amps just from the magazine (ones I respect) reviews and other members (ones I respect) comments, an excellent choice mate, I'm sure you'll get a lot of mileage out of it, enjoy and HNAD.

Love the TradPro in Korina. Was looking at one when I found my Korina SG. In the middle of swapping to an SD SH-4 bridge at the bridge and a SH-1 bridge at the neck. Should get everything done this coming weekend. Never played a TT before, but they're supposed to be pretty wicked. Have you tried goofing around with tubes yet? it can be addicting. I play through and old school AC-4. Creamy.

Thanks a bunch lads. @tweed2, it will probably be a long time until I do anything with the tubes, being pretty satisfied with the sound right now, but I can see trying a 2x12 or 4x12 cab one day. I just tried the Sherry with it and one might call it a religious experience. Well, in the church of tone that is [biggrin]

I bet that SH-1/SH-4 combo will be sweet.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned how wonderfully COLOR COORDINATED this match-up is! Tres chic, mon ami ...

Seriously, the Orange TT is an exceptional little combo for the crunchy rock-minded player ... it really does smoke! The Korina Trad Pro is ... well ... very special!

Congrats, Chip ... great set-up!

Jim

Oh Jim... 'color coordination' is so yester-minute....

I've been hangin' out with hotel interior design dudes a lot for the last few weeks, & I can assure you that Chip has 'paired' those two decor items splendidly pooky! [biggrin]

I can't believe that no one has mentioned how wonderfully COLOR COORDINATED this match-up is! Tres chic, mon ami ...

I DID notice! there's a trend - Cabinets in background, carpet, Amp,

Guitar... I like the color meself! But wait - the Tuners??? They're not

the Blonde Gibson tulips... [flapper]

Stunning Guitar, a KEEPER (at least until next MORE STUNNING geet

creeps around corner? Women will never understand - these are investments!

Exchange of Cash for another item of value, which could be liqiudated and

returned to CASH if needed. At least that's what I tell mine!

I bet that SH-1/SH-4 combo will be sweet.

Man, I'm hoping so. I went with a bridge wound PU at the neck because I have other guitars that give me the neck tones I like. I wanted something that breathed a little fire at both ends [omg] .

Archived