Gibson Brands Forums

Something in the air

E-minor7

Did you ever play with another acoustic guitar lying next to you on the couch.

No ? -

Turn down the lamps, light a candle or 2 and place the acoustic on its back to the right.

Start your playing softly and go ahead. Soon you'll hear the most magnificent frequencies rise by your side.

The vibes, now caught by the other 6 strings, will conjure an atmosphere as if there's an angel in the room.

There won't be dis-harmonies or tone-soup. Just this other worldly bi-chime. . .

Could be something to record the set-up, , , or experiment with tunings ~

No ? -

Turn down the lamps, light a candle or 2 and place the acoustic on its back to the right.

Start your playing softly and go ahead. Soon you'll hear the most magnificent frequencies rise by your side.

The vibes, now caught by the other 6 strings, will conjure an atmosphere as if there's an angel in the room.

There won't be dis-harmonies or tone-soup. Just this other worldly bi-chime. . .

Hey, what's that smell ("ooh, ooh, that smell....")? [laugh]

Fred

No ? -

So weird!! I just did this last week, by accident. I was tuning mine and I looked across at the other ('69 J-50) and noticed that its tuner was flashing along with mine. I thought, "Well that means..." and I strummed a bit, and listened, and it was just as you described. VIbe to vibe.

Kinda ToneRite-y, if ya think about it...[tongue]

And that's exactly why most music stores have several acoustic guitars hanging nearby as you strum on the one you're thinking of buying! Sympathetic vibrations from the ones just hangin' around make the the one on your lap sound much better than it actually does......at least it sounds different. So you buy it, take it home, whip it out and hit a few chords and say "Hey! WTF?!? It sounded so different at the store!" Now you know why............

My Gibson seems to be especially sensitive to this. While I'm holding it the general sounds in the room will make it vibrate like that. Magic.

Yeps – one of my guitar-docs tells me he and a few lads sometimes jam in a little room full of wallhangers in addition to the shop. It's like a tone-mirror chamber. . . .

No ? -

Could be what you're smokin..... [smile]

Could be what you're smokin..... [smile]

Aaaahh come on Nick, get over in the sofa and dig the vibe.

As said a time or 2 here, I left the oils behind looong ago. Might still be some open doors in there though, , , hope so. . . .

Aaaahh come on Nick, get over in the sofa and dig the vibe.

As said a time or 2 here, I left the oils behind looong ago. Might still be some open doors in there though, , , hope so. . . .

Never close the "doors of perception"......

Never close the "doors of perception"......

Remember the passage with the blue striped garden chair, , , or the little pink, purple, magenta and cream colored bouquet of flowers in the vase on the table. . . .

Oooooohhhh back to Gibsons -

Archived