Gibson Brands Forums

Van Eps Dampers

dvd5300

[wink] Well, I actually knew that already, but I was wondering why the OP didn't just Google it like you did and answer his own question in jig time! There is a wealth of information available when you search "guitar string dampers".

Regards,

J/W

B)

• Upvote 1

You can't buy the Van Epps string damper any longer.

I once made 1 functional damper from 2 broken ones for Herb Ellis.

His wife was so grateful she actually called to thank me personally.

Guess HE had it in for a set up , I noticed the damper was broken and found another broken one in the case. Just fixed it.

Not many folks use them any more.

You can still buy a version , but its much more high tech and designed for electrics. You can use it though. but these days most players use "scrunchies" those things you tie a "pony tail" with .

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The question got asked 9 years ago. WTF is up with all the Zombie threads rearing their ugly heads?

Might have something to do with some people’s obsession with zombie-related movies and shows like The Walking Dead.  They seem to live for all things zombie.

52 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

Might have something to do with some people’s obsession with zombie-related movies and shows like The Walking Dead.  They seem to live for all things zombie.

I thought Zombie stuff was two years ago?

• 3 weeks later...