Gibson Brands Forums

Need some suggestions please

bluzhammer

I have an AJ 200 vs EPI and for a very nice price is a spectacular guitar!! [thumbup] I don't see the AJ 200 as a current model but the specs.as far as I can tell are the same for the now current model AJ220! if you look down in the EPI forums in the acoustic section they are really a good instrument! after i had the action lowered on mine it plays as easy as my Les Paul! [biggrin] I've seen MUSICIANS FRIEND's price recently for $167 hope this helps!

I have an AJ 200 vs EPI and for a very nice price is a spectacular guitar!! [thumbup] I don't see the AJ 200 as a current model but the specs.as far as I can tell are the same for the now current model AJ220! if you look down in the EPI forums in the acoustic section they are really a good instrument! after i had the action lowered on mine it plays as easy as my Les Paul! [biggrin] I've seen MUSICIANS FRIEND's price recently for $167 hope this helps!

Thanks, I'll look into it!!!

You can see my suggestion all over craigs list an ebay all the time, grab a Line6 Variax. It uses the exact same set up as a acoustic and it uses modeling technology to sound like a few different acoustic models. On the plus side it also has the ability to copy several different types of guitars like LP's, Strats, Tele's, Ric's to name a few. The other cool thing is it also allows for changes in tuning by a flip of a switch and its instant; unlike a Robot that takes time to tune itself. The Variax does the different tuning by firmware rather than actually changing the tension on the strings. There is a Variax and a Pod XT Live in my area for 300.00 which is a killer deal. The Pod controls the Variax via a cat5 cable and allows you to make patches that will change amps, effects and guitar type by the push of a switch; instantly from a acoustic to a MESA growl with a Tele.

Maybe a bad example but cool stuff.....

Funny you should mention the Variax, I had sniffed around at one recently at my local GC the same day I bought my Egnater Tweaker , but time was slipping by on me and I didn't have time to test drive one.

I have used an Ovation Customme Legendde 1878 or some such for about more than a dozen years now. I know, it's plastic, I know, and me Mr Fender and Gibson and nobody else has ever made a guitar since about 1960, I know right?

If yer giggin, and yer going from yer tele or strat or les paul to an acoustic, and you even want to use the same amp,

see if you can get hold of some of the more expensive Ovations. I too once never believed, one night out with one and I wouldn't be without it now.

rct

Archived