Gibson Brands Forums

Meet Karl

bluesguitar65

Really digging the Si fuzzes, eh? Looks sharp. Being a fuzz lover myself, I'll have to check out some sound samples.

The Si Fuzz is warmer sounding. The Karl fuzz has that slight octave fuzz tone it, but another variant fuzz tone. I like it also. Will post a demo comparing the two and with the Seymour Duncan Tweak fuzz, perhaps also a fuzz face as reference.

Yo bluesguitar you should get one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKQNeopD5I

I have some of these same transistors and I want to build one of these. There's one for sale over at TGP and it's tempting me pretty bad, but I'm saving up for another Creepy Fingers fuzz so I have to ignore it.

Man, that is friking sweet sounding fuzz. Now you're tempting me for sure. I just ordered this one also and there is a five month wait on it.

Check out this sound clip of it, has that smooth peter green kinda tone to it.

http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_lunar_module_mini_deluxe.htm

IMG_0034.jpg

Haha give into the temptation on the Creepyface.

That's so awesome that you're getting a Lunar Module! I haven't played through one of those in real life yet but my Skreddy pedal is seriously amazing. That guy is an awesome builder. The quality of the guts is pure perfection and it just sounds so sweet.. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

They're on a whole different level of radness

Haha give into the temptation on the Creepyface.

That's so awesome that you're getting a Lunar Module! I haven't played through one of those in real life yet but my Skreddy pedal is seriously amazing. That guy is an awesome builder. The quality of the guts is pure perfection and it just sounds so sweet.. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

They're on a whole different level of radness

Thanks Dubs!! I've seen your work, and from what I've seen, you are up there. Your clean soldering, and wire management pretty much mil spec. Have you worked in the Aerospace industry?

I will post my Lunar Module when I get it.......most likely during the summer. The builder is bogged down with orders and wait time is about five months.

Thanks Dubs!! I've seen your work, and from what I've seen, you are up there. Your clean soldering, and wire management pretty much mil spec. Have you worked in the Aerospace industry?

I will post my Lunar Module when I get it.......most likely during the summer. The builder is bogged down with orders and wait time is about five months.

Thanks! My guts aren't as nice as teh Skreddy guts for sure though. And the difference really is that the builder knows how to select the components and make tweaks to make it sound extra sweet.

lol no I haven't worked in aerospace I'm but a wee 19 year old.

The Lunar Module will probably blow your mind with fuzzy radness. I got my Skreddy Supa Tone used from a dude in Singapore so I just had to wait about a week and a half for shipping haha. The wait was brutal nonetheless.

Yo bluesguitar you should get one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RKQNeopD5I

I have some of these same transistors and I want to build one of these. There's one for sale over at TGP and it's tempting me pretty bad, but I'm saving up for another Creepy Fingers fuzz so I have to ignore it.

I want it! With the bias turned up that pedal is Velcro nirvana. Delicious.

I know right? I love how the bias control switches off for regular FF action too.

The Creepy Fingers pedals are made by the bassist of FU MANCHU btw.

Far out. I remember going to see Fu Manchu years ago with a friend that *loves* stoner rock in all forms. Got so smoked out before the show I think the venue's lights were causing mild hallucinations. I do remember it being a killer show. That band is tight.

Haha I have a few stories pretty similar to that. Those shows are so much fun.

Soo I realized that I need to give the Fuzz Face a try. I ordered the parts to build a completely mojo'd out germanium Fuzz Face. The parts were pretty expensive compared to a regular build but I have a feeling this is gonna be my coolest one yet. I got some super tasty components.

I'm really excited to build it even though I'm probably just gonna sell it.

Archived