Gibson Brands Forums

My FIRST 4-track recording!

heymisterk

Good job Jeff. As you said, a little rough at the start but it does get better.

My first digital recorder was a DP004. It's great for starting out. Soon you will probably out grow it though and want a 8 or 16. I did.

I have posted several original songs on here, and I know how anxious one can feel when doing it. So I just want to say congratulations on recording your first song posting and it here. It takes some guts. [thumbup]

Oh, and I liked your vocals. I didn't here too much of "off-key" Jeff. lol

Do you write any of your own stuff?

Brad

Good job Jeff. As you said, a little rough at the start but it does get better.

My first digital recorder was a DP004. It's great for starting out. Soon you will probably out grow it though and want a 8 or 16. I did.

I have posted several original songs on here, and I know how anxious one can feel when doing it. So I just want to say congratulations on recording your first song posting and it here. It takes some guts. [thumbup]

Oh, and I liked your vocals. I didn't here too much of "off-key" Jeff. lol

Do you write any of your own stuff?

Brad

Thanks! Yes, I do write...but I haven't written much lately. But I am going to post a recording of a song I wrote years ago. Again, thanks for the encouragement!

That sounds really good, very clear sound/tone.

Recording is tricky, very soon you will get a hang on what adjustments you need to make to make it sound like you hear it in your head,

The first short clip I recorded sounded great to me, woody yet aggressive tone with a nice attack, I posted it here then listened to it and I was surprised how diferent it sounded both sound and execution, it was terrible.

I think you need better mic's or you need to try a different room/placement. But, that's how you learn, just get in there and make some crappy recording's and figure out what works best for what your recording.

Try here recording.org or here gearsluts if you really are interested in recording. Don't make any post first just read some of whats already there... Be a true "Fly on the Wall" for a bit, then organize your question(s) (if you still have some). Gearslut's is more for the high end recording guru's and they get joy from flaming people who post random or dumb (to them) sounding thing's.

The hardest part was getting a good sound from - and playing - the rhythm guitar. I was trying to make it sound like the recording, and it kind of is like the recording, except I found that it quite difficult to maintain that exact thump-thump-thump-thump rhythm all through the song. I actually did use a good mic - a Shure - but obviously am still trying to get it right. Practice and experimentation will get me where I need to be. Thanks to all!

Archived