Gibson Brands Forums

Buckle Rash.

pippy

I only find myself concerned about the neck really. I typically play wearing work pants, because I am always doing some work related project. These type of pants have little brass tabs on the legs for double knee fabric. The tabs tend to worm and rash the part of the body that sits directly on my leg when I play. I have noticed some buckle rash and/or general play wear on the body, but I don't much mind as I don't ever see myself selling this guitar.

Besides my newish Gibson SG Standard, I never have had a guitar that had a value above $1000. Based on the price ranges that are out there for authentic and rare guitars I think I would be more concerned about those one off's and/or OOP models that might bring in a big resell value.

I play my guitars, so they get some wear and I feel like it's expected. If I know I am going to be playing rough for a bit, I plug in my Epiphone G-400 and all is well.

Well, sometimes when I'm in a hurry and just want to play a few songs I just stick a hand towel into the front of my pants. You know, 1/2 loin cloth look. [thumbup] Don't have a beer towel, but a nice Harley one does me okay. Still like the scratch pad when I'm playing for more than a "quickie." [biggrin]

My motto on almost everything is "Enough crap comes your way that you can't avoid. Don't add to the mess ya hafta shovel if you can avoid it."

My shovel is getting just too dang heavy these days & I can't afford the skid loader.[rolleyes]

Aster

I would agree with that. The qualifier is "performer" however. I would presume that many of us here are not "in the bidness" so to speak and for me, my only performances are for me & this guy:

A couple of good look'n Black & Whites. Monty & my 325c64. Both "Jetglo" finish! [thumbup]

Dang grainy Phone photographs!! [cursing]

MontyRic.jpg

I'll never go on "tour" playing golf either, but I sure enjoy it as a pastime! [biggrin]

Aster

Guest farnsbarns

I play with my guitar somewhat to the side. Not only that but my gut affords some protection. I have to admit that I recently bought a pair of jeans with a zip on the johnny pocket (that little pocket inside the right main pocket) and I cut the zip off. I suppose that makes me a baby-er, not cool but I don't care.

Edit: I played Pippy's guitar the other day, that has some serious dings, to the point where it's beggining to look quite cool. Nice guitar by the way, P.

Edit: I played Pippy's guitar the other day, that has some serious dings, to the point where it's beggining to look quite cool. Nice guitar by the way, P.

"...beginning to..." ? ! ? !

Harrrumphhh!!!!!!

[-X

[lol]

J/K (obviously). Thanks for the compliment, Farns. Oh, and if you want me to beat the crap out of your lovely R8 just let me know...lol!

P.

Guest farnsbarns

"...beginning to..." ? ! ? !

Harrrumphhh!!!!!!

[-X

[lol]

J/K (obviously). Thanks for the compliment, Farns. Oh, and if you want me to beat the crap out of your lovely R8 just let me know...lol!

P.

Erm... Hmm... Err... No thanks, I'll pass.

Archived