Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher model it isn't but.....?

lennon08

Thanks, I read the same info. We have been to that shop on Denmark. There are some killer shops there.

I think we will never know exactly how it came to life.

The guitar plays and sounds great. Very different that my 90's Sheraton II. Now sure why though. Someday I will have some one open her up to see what kind of PUs are in there.

Thanks, I read the same info. We have been to that shop on Denmark. There are some killer shops there.

I think we will never know exactly how it came to life.

The guitar plays and sounds great. Very different that my 90's Sheraton II. Now sure why though. Someday I will have some one open her up to see what kind of PUs are in there.

Well hope you enjoy it mate i enjoyed looking at it

1333381041[/url]' post='1167926']

Thanks, I do. I have had it now for over ten years. Did 4 Noel shows this year alone. We are massive fans. It def went to a good home.

Quite interesting reading through this. It would be equally interesting to learn if you get a definitive answer about it's origins.

1333398299[/url]' post='1168180']

I sure hope to get to the end of this one day. Not very hopeful though.

Other than the obvious, not sure why anyone would need to cross out the serial # though, and that would be about the concerns as to what pupose that would serve? I wonder though if you had the label rmoved if it could be read under proper lighting? Then you could inquire with customer service about it's origins.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. Someone taht had a clue about guitars obviously worked out what was on Noel's and tried to recreate it - the sherry headstock, frequensator tp, the mini-hums. The sheraton Noel had wasnt a 60's, Epiphone made him a couple mid-90's that were 60's SPEC...his other was the knebworth sunburst sheraton.

Is the shop who painted Noels on Denmark street still there?

It is almost identical to the Maine Road guitar - but it is definitely different. Noel had extra inlays added to his Union Jack Sheraton as you can see in the photo posted above. This guitar doesn't have those inlays. It looks genuine though. There were definitely some Sheratons with mini humbuckers and frequensator tail pieces made in the early 90s (I think made in Japan - certainly higher quality Elitist equivalent anyway), possibly just for the Japanese market? Perhaps someone has refinished one to look the same as Noel's.

Archived