Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Buxom

My overdrive pedal came today. It's really nothing special, I payed $14 for it, which is not a bad price for what it is. It's a Danelectro. If I turn everything to max, and then switch to clean, it's got more of a bluesy gain sound, if I turn everything to max and switch to Supersat, it's like a mud bath. It's a really well built pedal, and is a lot heavier than I had expected. I'd recommend this to someone who was looking for a good pedal for the money. A demo will come in due time. I'm far too tired and have an over scheduled weekend ahead, filled with crazy stuff with friends, moving furniture, and most importantly, sleep.

Well built? No. Cool? Yes.

Is it the "Cool Cat Overdrive"? I think those are OCD clones.

Only the Version 1 was an OCD clone and the CTO-1 was the Timmy clone...

I believe there was a lawsuit and Danelectro lost, so the black labels sound nothing like the gold ones, but they're still good pedals.

I have both the CO-1 and the CTO-1 through plain dumb luck--$50 for the pair new off of eBay a couple of years ago.

The same site now sells the CTO-1 for $79...sheesh!

Probably one of the older models, I've been looking for one of the old Danelectro reverse delays for a buddy of mine but every time they pop up on eBay they're $350+.

The Backtalk? That's just insane. You should tell your friend to get an EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. They have reverse and lots of other cool stuff. Definitely one of the coolest pedals I've ever had. I sold mine for $125 after I got my El Cap so I'm sure you can find one for pretty cheap

The Backtalk? That's just insane. You should tell your friend to get an EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. They have reverse and lots of other cool stuff. Definitely one of the coolest pedals I've ever had. I sold mine for $125 after I got my El Cap so I'm sure you can find one for pretty cheap

Yeah I don't think I could talk him out of it, sense of nostalgia I guess. It was stolen from him a few years ago along with other gear. One popped up for a hundred on the bay before I knew what he'd pay for one.

My overdrive pedal came today. It's really nothing special, I payed $14 for it, which is not a bad price for what it is. It's a Danelectro. If I turn everything to max, and then switch to clean, it's got more of a bluesy gain sound, if I turn everything to max and switch to Supersat, it's like a mud bath. It's a really well built pedal, and is a lot heavier than I had expected. I'd recommend this to someone who was looking for a good pedal for the money. A demo will come in due time. I'm far too tired and have an over scheduled weekend ahead, filled with crazy stuff with friends, moving furniture, and most importantly, sleep.

Many danger's with moving furniture in your sleep!!!

Check this stomp-box out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvdqXJ1zis&feature=related

Archived