Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SJ200. Need help to spot a fake

thsb20

Hi Guys, I just joined this forum to ask about this guitar:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gibson-usa-sj200-acoustic-guitar/97762034#gallery-item-full-1

The serial checks out but says its from 2011, and in the post he said its Made in USA 2000, I assume he means the year 2000? The serial is 10671064. He said he has all the certification to go with it.

The price looks way to low to be genuine, just wondering what you guys and girls thought.

Im new to these acoustics so I don't really know what i'm looking for. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advanced, Id love to get my hands on it if it was genuine.

Tom

Hi Guys, I just joined this forum to ask about this guitar:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gibson-usa-sj200-acoustic-guitar/97762034#gallery-item-full-1

The serial checks out but says its from 2011, and in the post he said its Made in USA 2000, I assume he means the year 2000? The serial is 10671064. He said he has all the certification to go with it.

The price looks way to low to be genuine, just wondering what you guys and girls thought.

Im new to these acoustics so I don't really know what i'm looking for. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advanced, Id love to get my hands on it if it was genuine.

Tom

It looks original

but he might want to double check the serial . It looks more like a 2000 model than a 2011

look at the worn pickguard.

JC

Thanks Guys,

Its the price that's the main worry for me. 500 GBP sounds way too low for a guitar like this. I will go check it out this weekend if its not gone by then and see what it like.

What are the main things to look out for?

Thanks

The pictures are of a Nice J200... but the Price is a tad low... I would say a Scam in waiting..

What are the main things to look out for? ???

If it is a Legit sale... Make sure what is Pictured is whats for sale when you get there? Make sure its Not Switched for another Guitar... also.,, take a friend just incase its a Scam for your Money...

Is it Stolen? theres something else to consider..

That should be a 2000.00 U.S plus Guitar...

there is so much about this guitar that makes it look right.... just too nice to be fake. but there are some things that i can see which just don't look right. take someone VERY experienced with these and inspect it in-hand. there is a chance that the camera angles just make it look wrong. maybe it's right, but i don't feel good about this one. The fakes get better every day. we may be seeing the next generation here.

Archived