Gibson Brands Forums

Protector for a fingerboard

Gendos

You mean one of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-express-electric-guitar

Well, according to the specs that guitar has a rosewood fretboard.

The best product I've found for treating rosewood fretboards is Dean Markley Love Potion #15.

41oJGJzBmUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Which I was going to recommend to you until I just checked and discovered...it's been discontinued.

Not to worry, most of these products are pretty similar, and there are plenty of others on the market:

fretboard-cleaner-dunlop-conditioner.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dunlop-fingerboard-02-deep-conditioner/425268000000000

I just use a little lemon oil on mine. Seems to work pretty well and it smells nice, too.

Lord Summerisle - the frets on that accoustic in your post look remarkable. Is that yours or just a pic you found on the interwebz? If it's yours - you've got a lovely guitar, sir. [thumbup]

Lemon oil will soften any dirt that is between the frets. allows for easy cleaning. Most of the commercial products work well but pull at your pocketbook. Any light mineral oil will work just the same as lemon oil. Baby oil also works - ya it's all the same.

Apply the oil and let it set for 4 to 5 minutes. Use a credit card type piece of plastic to scrape the dirt off. I scrape away from the frets to the center between the frets. You don't want to get the oil and dirt piled up on the fret itself. Wipe with soft cloth or paper towel. When the board is clean, apply a final coat of oil and let it soak in for 10 min. Wipe of with soft cloth or paper towel. Your good to go.

I just use a little lemon oil on mine. Seems to work pretty well and it smells nice, too.

Lord Summerisle - the frets on that accoustic in your post look remarkable. Is that yours or just a pic you found on the interwebz? If it's yours - you've got a lovely guitar, sir. [thumbup]

Alas, just a photo I found on the interwebz.

Agreed, though, someone out there knows how to dress frets.

Archived