Gibson Brands Forums

Off to the dealer to do some horse (guitar) trading

LPDEN

You are a very lucky individual. [thumbup]

And if you ever get bored with one/start to like and play one more, there's always mini humbuckers...

Thanks! Yes, they seem to each have their own calling...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They made 24 of those in TV Yellow as well..................:unsure: [drool][sneaky] ......

Of the Wilshire USA Reissues? Never seen any, got pics? If they existed, I'm guessing that had to be a dealer order exclusive since it wasn't listed on the website....

Wow an unusual choice, but the only one that will leave no regrets.

Now you will have to track down a TV yellow to complete the set.

If out there, sadly it will have to be the one that gets away....

Well if you ever feel crazy for owning two of the same model, don't worry you're in good company:

That's a nice picture, (the guitars, but the girls look great too [tongue] ). I have seen MANY collections like that (the guitars, not the girls) of so many different brands and models, and I can fully understand and appreciate the passion of those sorts of collections. I'm one to never say never, and I could actually see myself accumulating multiples of the same model, again the guitars. But for now I am enjoying the overall differences both large and small among the guitars I currently own. What I actually need to focus on is adding some more amps that mix it up some for me. But I am having a hard time justifying that thought because the AC15 just sounds so good by itself and the Tonelab helps achieve some decent variety of sounds. Though I am entertaining the thought of adding a tube-hybrid modelling amp such as the VT+ series.

Congratulations on your recent accquisitions.

And contratulations for having a wonder wife.

My wife allows me my guitar indiscresions because she understands what it means to me.

Plus I'm fortunate to be able to afford my little hobby.

The Wilshires have been on my list for a while, but I have not run into a great deal yet.

That's the beauty of being a collector.

You never know what will turn up.

My problem is every model I have is a keeper. (Might be interested in switching out the dot since I got the 355 though)

Keep buying, we will keep following.

Always good to hear stories and photos of great deals.

Mark

Thanks Mark, much appreciated. Yes, it is paramount to have an understanding wife as you know. And when one room of a house is dedicated to storing all the gear as well as the acquisition of the gear itself, even more so!

I love the Wilshires, they're definitely keepers Glad you enjoyed seeing the unveiled...

Archived