Gibson Brands Forums

NGD EJ-200 Natural

LPDEN

That looks beautifully. Excuse my ignorance. Is that a de-humidifier? Do they work?

Thanks B.C.! Yes, that is the Planet Waves sound hole humidifier. $10. You dampen (not dripping wet, just damp) the included sponge in it and insert the device between the stings. There are 2 slots under the top that attach around the strings to hold it in place. They work great. I've had acoustics that were semi-dry from the shops I bought them from, and these inserted within the case really brought the guitars back. You can tell by doing a before and after looking across the top of the guitar from the edge with a pen cap just a hair over at the other edge. After properly humidifying the guitar you shouldn't be able to see the pen cap across the top in the same manner as it should have a slight belly ever so noticeable (same goes for the back)

Thanks Ray! I am thinking at some point to do the bone upgrades to this and see what sort of difference I find.

That's a lovely guitar. Those J-200's always look so classy! I have a bone saddle installed on my AJ-18SCE and it made a world of difference in it's acoustic tone.

1333455001[/url]' post='1168682']

That's a lovely guitar. Those J-200's always look so classy! I have a bone saddle installed on my AJ-18SCE and it made a world of difference in it's acoustic tone.

Thanks OGP! It's certainly a go to acoustic for me. I will consider some upgrades in the future as you have.

Wow! Congradulations on your really beautiful new EJ-200! Love the natural color too! What a beauty! It looks perfect and flawless! And your pictures are great too! Best of luck with it, I know you will have it for life! It's a keeper!!

HNGD.jpg

Beautiful Score!!! [thumbup]

I was able to find an Epi Elitist case (alligator texture with orchid color fur) for my EJ- 200CE. Just lucked out as may have been the last few EPI had in the warehouse. I'll go play my EJ in your new arrival's honor!!! I think I'd rather have yours to put back into my case however!! [biggrin]

Aster

• 4 weeks later...

Archived