Gibson Brands Forums

Weekend Game

E-minor7

Had a dream the other night – Reached out for a guitar that clearly was my Martin HD-28V, but found a magnetic power approx. 10 centimeters from the neck totally prevented me from actually grabbing the thing. Flabbergasted I watched the neck express a weird motion, , , a sort of quivering cramp as if it was possessed by some otherworldly force – then realized it was unreachable. Unfortunately the sequence didn't last long and not much more can be reported.

Now, regarding the amount of time I spend around guitars – here, reading, talking, thinking, envisioning and playing, I'm rather surprised that not more dream-stuff takes place under my old hair (and I am and always was an excessively intense sleep-dreamer).

I'm sure a lot of you forumites are too – so why not pass some of those 'nite-films' further here on the Board. The larger than life ones, the ones where precious J-200's suddenly turn into low-end Yamahas between your hands, the weird, the weirder, the beautiful and outrageous.

Think about it - I cannot be the only preson who'd find it intriguing to order a ticket to such a show.

....................................................................................................Another nice weekend to you all from this camp.

I have a lot of dreams of playing and I'm always a much better player in my dreams than I am in real life. Oh, well.

I know that feeling well. I close my eyes, and I play like Clapton. I open them, and I still play like me.

The only time I ever dreamed about a guitar was after I sold a 1958 Tele I had played for decades. I had nightmares for a couple of weeks - pretty much I would go to get the guitar and it had vanished kinda dreams. That is the only guitar I ever owned that became that much a part of me.

I have a lot of dreams of playing and I'm always a much better player in my dreams than I am in real life. Oh, well.

Sounds like somebody I know [rolleyes]

One very weird one I had some years ago was to be on stage with Frank Zappa and doing a great solo that actually impressed him [laugh] .

"Dream on, dream on, dream until your dreams come true ..."

[cool]

Archived