Gibson Brands Forums

Offfffffff man thats perrrrtty

Rabs

I first saw this in your post on the Junior thread, Rabs, and checked it out.

As someone who uses the tone knobs to a very large extent I'd find this almost useless. Full Treble at all times and active p-ups to boot?

I sort of admire the 'Less Is More' approach; but no tone control?

This one's not for me.

[smile]

P.

I quite like minimalist guitars like this.......Often playing 'fully open', an EQ pedal and boost can take care of most eventualities...

...or you could just use a guitar-mounted tone knob, in which case you don't need to worry about two foot pedals, two patch leads and their respective power needs...

Minimalist is great as a concept but not (IMHO, of course) if you need to carry a bag of stuff to make up for the lack of a tone knob...

That merely turns 'Minimalist' into 'More Complicated' which completely defeats the whole point, surely?

Again, IMHO.

Stylistically speaking it's a different matter; but in that case why bother about a vol knob? You could use a foot-pedal for that, too, and have no knobs on the guitar at all!

[smile]

P.

I first saw this in your post on the Junior thread, Rabs, and checked it out.

As someone who uses the tone knobs to a very large extent I'd find this almost useless. Full Treble at all times and active p-ups to boot?

I sort of admire the 'Less Is More' approach; but no tone control?

This one's not for me.

[smile]

P.

Yeah I wouldnt buy one either as I agree and they are EMGS (booooo)

But from a design point of view I like it alot.. Maybe just one tone knob is all id add to that :)

I don't really know anything about EMG's except just about everybody seems to hate them. Whats the deal with them?

Simple.

Go to a hardware store, buy some cheapo wood, buy some guitar parts and put EMG's in them. Then go buy a 3K guitar and put EMGs in them. Same tone!!!!

EMG's seem to have attained legendary status in recent years

IMO they have something to offer the 'gain junkies'

And like all things musical...can be coaxed into producing excellent sounds by the right player...

Most EMG's are active

There are some though that are passive...fitted to certain Cort guitars etc....

V

:-({|=

Simple.

Go to a hardware store, buy some cheapo wood, buy some guitar parts and put EMG's in them. Then go buy a 3K guitar and put EMGs in them. Same tone!!!!

Well, I don't like to put down anyone or anything, but I have to agree with this. Actually I did try this! These pickups are so sterile, You can put them on anything, no properties of any wood or any hardware of a guitar would have any effect on the way they sound. Cheers... Bence

Archived