Gibson Brands Forums

The Rain Song

daveinspain

Led Zep's acoustic songs are some of the best music ever written.

I agree with that pfox. [thumbup] And the video posted by Dave of the version with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant with the orchestra from "No Quarter" playing the "Rain Song" shows how much

of a master Jimmy Page is of playing and orchestrating with the acoustic guitar (looks like he's playing a Martin D-28). I just love that song.

I agree with that pfox. [thumbup] And the video posted by Dave of the version with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant with the orchestra from "No Quarter" playing the "Rain Song" shows how much

of a master Jimmy Page is of playing and orchestrating with the acoustic guitar (looks like he's playing a Martin D-28). I just love that song.

What I wouldn't give to be able to sit with Jimmy page, talk and listen to him play acoustic guitar some afternoon... Just sayin'...

What I wouldn't give to be able to sit with Jimmy page, talk and listen to him play acoustic guitar some afternoon... Just sayin'...

Have you seen It Might Get Loud.. if not check this ;)

zeppelin are the band i listen to and love the most and the rain song is one of my favourite things to play acoustic but i always seem to start singing either the beatles dear prudence or buddy holly raining in my heart throughout parts of the song. It's really annoying that i can't play or listen to it without them 2 songs popping in there. Completely involuntary. Incredibly annoying. Maybe it's best no one tries to do it in case you start doing it yourself and can't stop it.

Archived