Gibson Brands Forums

How Many People Here Love DOD Pedals As Much As I Do?

kaleb

I know some of you guys dig or own DOD pedals. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NEWER STUFF!

I have a late 80s (1989 I think) DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus and there is a LOT of people that think it is the greatest chorus ever made, unless you want that TC chorus type sound.

The thing does Rush, Police, and rotating speaker (both fast and slow!) sounds with ease!

I LOVE IT! And I got it for 30 bucks!

Not to mention the 250 Preamp is one of the most desirable boost pedals on the planet!

Show some love for the DOD boxes!

And I am also fond of the Hardwire pedals, which are like modern versions of those old DOD pedals!

I really did like some of the older DOD pedals, however I found the footswitch was the weak point on them (and the detachable battery cover that is usually missing on used offerings). My first pedal when I was 13 in the mid 90's was the FX69 Grunge. Even though it sounded like...****... I loved it back then, and purchased several others. Now I don't have any DOD's in the stable.

Yes I had a DOD FX65 stereo chorus and I should never have sold it. I agree with you, that particular DOD was a fine pedal indeed....I also had the previous-to-that DOD stereo Chorus (FX60?) which was light blue and too mild but had 'the shimmer'. The Vibro-Thang is also surprisingly good. But the battery covers are the weak point.

Meanwhile in the cupboard I still have an early DOD A/B box and a noise gate, maybe not up to today's standard but good useful stuff and not worth selling.

Archived