Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar or Iphone?

Guitar or Iphone? Do we really need to even think about this? The hell with the phone. All it's going to do is interrupt you when you're playing guitar. And so what if you've already got fifteen guitars? What if some jerk steals all of them? If you buy this one, you'll still have one left. Get the guitar. [thumbup]

A lot to be said for a good shotgun (12 ga. riot type is my preference ;-)). But with the phone, think about this. If yours is not a smart phone now, you're also going to need a new plan. Figure maybe an extra 50 bucks a month. So, in a year's time, that's another $600 (how much is the giuitar or phone you are looking at?). Wait some months (I DO like my smart phone mind you, use it a lot, it's an HTC EVO). Save the money you'd spend on the extra phone plan. In not too many months, that (plus any other savings you can manage) can get you the next newest smart phone (or a great deal on the one you want now that will be being replaced). And all the while, you'll be playing that orange guitar (you don't have one), or shooting that new shotgun. The phone can wait.

Not what you want to hear. You think you want us to tell you to get the phone. I can tell. But this is a guitar forum (duh!). That's how I know you really want the guitar! If it was the phone, you'd have asked on a phone forum...

Hey forum. I got an amazing chance to get a new guitar that I've been wanting.

Its an orange 2002 Fender cyclone HH.

I also want to get a new phone.... an Iphone 4S

I can only afford one or the other.

I currently got 15 guitars, but none of them are orange.

I have a phone that I can make do with, but its really a POS.

The guitar is NOS as described by the seller. idk what I should buy life sucks

Easy Peasy. Get the guit tar. In six months, the guit tar won't be obsolete. And, there's little cost of up-keep.

Not to mention it doesn't come with a 3 year contract.

Part of the reason my kids don't have disposable income is that they've disposed of their money on short lived electronical goods which 'have', nay they want to replace every year or two.

"Hey dad, wanna see my new blueberry4 GX4 Tooth phone/camera/dateplanner/musicplayer/internetexplorer/gps/bottle opener/back scratcher/ear cleaner?," they ask. "No not particularly," I respond, "I'm happy with my $7.00/month TracPhone. It's paid for and if I lose it, I can still function."

What do they get now for those new whizz-bang cellular phones with all the gizmos?

If you need help deciding between buying a cell phone or a guitar, this is the wrong forum for you.

Just saying.

Absolutely my thoughts!

Phone = bugger off!

Guitar = Stay here a while.

Simples!! [thumbup]

Archived