Gibson Brands Forums

Autograph hound

davidl

Some friends came over on the weekend and brought a couple of their visitors from London, England with them.

One lady, Ingrid, it turns out has been collecting autographs forever. She is 65 years old and her partner Mike is a drummer and has been since the 60's. They have apparently been part of the London and area music scene their entire lives.

I'll be seeing her again this Friday.

Some of the autographs include:

The Beatles, Paul, George, Ringo and John

Eric Clapton

Jimmy Hendrix

I'm going to quiz her a bit on Friday about some others.

As she put it: She keeps them in a drawer under her knickers.

Nice, fun lady and to me an obvious product of the 60's. Not always firing on all cylinders but still getting the job done.

Great meeting new people from places I've never been.

Dave

I'm sure she keeps you right in there with her knickers too.

I thought Bill was talking about his knickers...

I'm interested in what else she has experienced! That must have been an amazing time for those with the 'In' to the right parties!

P.

I didn't exactly collect autographs but I got my LPs signed if there was an opportunity...not by any big rock acts but by Barney Kessel, Tal Farlow, John Scofield, Joe Zawinul, Mose Allison, a few more. My best one in a frame on the wall is my copy of 'Hard Again' which Muddy Waters signed in '79. Honoured I was.

Now if only I could get one of those elusive Big Bill signed retrospective box sets....with all the rare outtakes...

Now if only I could get one of those elusive Big Bill signed retrospective box sets....with all the rare outtakes...

[tongue]

You can find that set in the back of the adult section of your favorite video store.

The only autographs I have are on a hockey stick.

Maurice (the rocket) Richard and Jean Beliveau

Montreal Canadiens legends.

Both on the same stick.

Pretty cool for a Canadian kid raised on hockey.

I thought Bill was talking about his knickers...

I'm interested in what else she has experienced! That must have been an amazing time for those with the 'In' to the right parties!

P.

I'm curious too Pippy.

I'll have more time on Friday night to ask her.

As for Big Bills Knickers...Ingrid is of slight stature. Bills knickers could probably be used as a body suit.

I wonder how much her collection is worth. Does she have it indexed?

No idea of value but she doesn't really want to leave them to her kids as she figures they would be sold in a flash.

She's not a wealthy woman so maybe she should part with a few and give herself a nice present.

I didn't exactly collect autographs but I got my LPs signed if there was an opportunity...not by any big rock acts but by Barney Kessel, Tal Farlow, John Scofield, Joe Zawinul, Mose Allison, a few more. My best one in a frame on the wall is my copy of 'Hard Again' which Muddy Waters signed in '79. Honoured I was.

[/quote

I booked a jazz club in the 80's and worked with all those guys except Muddy. I always brought in my fav guitar players to include Kenny Burrell, Pat Metheny, Chuck Wayne, Charlie Byrd anon anon. Never did get to Joe Pass which i still regret, Getting ready to do another date with Scofield as a member of Medeski, Martin & Wood next January. Did 3 shows with Weather Report and 1 with Zawinul Syndicate. Great memories and great music.

Archived