Gibson Brands Forums

i filled my ipod with Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix so i can walk to it!

FenderGuy1

Nice, what Hendrix album...Hendrix: band of Gypsies is in my opinion the best. But also Electric Lady land is very very good! And of course Are you experienced and Axis: bold as love....BUT if you don't have band of Gypsies...in my opinion it is a must.

enjoy the good music!

i'll look into the band of gypsys album, maybe i might have enough to buy one song hehe

Well, which albums did you buy???

P.S. Sounds like you're buying MP3 online. Remember to make a backup disc of everything you buy!

GREAT! I greatly prefer vinyl in my home, and CDs in the car, but my iPod is great for traveling.

Mine has a shitload of Rush songs from the first album (1974) through Grace Under Pressure (1984), (maybe cause' I downloaded Fly By Night, Caress Of Steel, A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, and Moving Pictures in their entirely....), a few KISS songs ("Getaway" from Dressed To Kill, "She" from Alive!, "2,000 Man" from Dynasty, and the live version of "Shock Me" from Alive II, complete with guitar solo!), some Ace Frehley solo stuff ("Rip It Out", "Snow Blind", and "What's On Your Mind" from his 78' solo album, plus "Breakout" from the first Frehley's Comet record (1987), which he cowrote with Eric Carr), some VH stuff (including "Mean Street" and "Women In Love"), Scorpions ("Dynamite", "The Zoo", and the live version of "Blackout"), UFO ("Rock Bottom". But it's the studio version from Phenomenon, not the Strangers In The Night version. I couldn't buy that version without buying the whole album, which I would have but I didn't have enough), Y&T ("Mean Streak"), some Savoy Brown, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Electric Flag, Zeppelin, Dokken, Lynch Mob, Joe Bonamassa, Tesla, The Drills, etc.

When I went on vacation a couple months ago, it was a savior. And now I know a lot of those songs note for note just from hearing them constantly.....

i bought Voodoo Child, The Hendrix collection, I LOVE IT!! and i also bought a stones album but only two songs

That's a great collection there, LOTS of awesome Hendrix tunes, the bulk of his best work (there is more of course, but that should keep you going for a long time!).

if ya do....Machine Gun

It's in there... I looked up the collection, it's 30 songs (on two discs if you get the physical product). Here's a link to info on it with track listings.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived