Gibson Brands Forums

the good ol' days are gone....

jefleppard

i just got back from long and mcquade (major canadian retailer) and they have adjusted all their prices to reflect our weak dollar. last week, a j45 was listed at 2075cdn. today the price was 2550. wow. what a jump. it works out to about a 25% increase which is just about what the dollar is trading for against the us dollar. anyone who bought last week got themselves a deal. i cant see the stability of the us dollar changing as their seems to be renewed faith in the american economy with the regime change. the good ol' days are, indeed, old.

I bought my J45 MC for 2000bux in June, wanted a 08 J45, but they were having a hard time finding one..

So.. I ended up getting a 07 J45.

I was originally gonna get a Larrivee, but 4months after putting an order in, it was still "back ordered"

I don't regret getting the J45.. I guess I bought it at the right time.

I guess good time is really over.

My L and M store here in Halifax has the same prices as last month on all current stock. Very nice J45 there at $2299.

I bought a strap instead.

that is a smarter move than buying a guitar:)!!

I have been needing a strap for a while..

the wife told me to wait till christmas.. O:)

I don't want her to buy it.. cuz when she buys it.. there is a chance I might not like it...

What kinda strap did you buy?

Run......dont walk over to Folkway's. They are clearing out existing new geet stock at a 25% discount.

Thereafter any "new" new stock will be priced at a 25% premium so the sale now is 50% off of what the "new" new price will be...hope I'm making sense (if not I'll drink another quart and try again). Those of you with USD can pick up some real savings.

Run......dont walk over to Folkway's. They are clearing out existing new geet stock at a 25% discount.

Thereafter any "new" new stock will be priced at a 25% premium so the sale now is 50% off of what the "new" new price will be...hope I'm making sense.

You are making sense. I love those guys at Folkways - especially Ryan.

Indeed it is very good to know there is another musician with a good taste in guitars in winterpeg!

Cheers bro

Gotta confess.............traded in my old Gibby for a new Santa Cruz dread last week. Betcha i got the only, or at least one of the very few, SC's in the Peg. Great dread with lottsa boom chuck.

Gotta confess.............traded in my old Gibby for a new Santa Cruz dread last week. Betcha i got the only' date=' or at least one of the very few, SC's in the Peg. Great dread with lottsa boom chuck.[/quote']

NICE!

I am saving $$ for this!!

http://www.santacruzguitar.com/acousticguitars/details/h13.html

In a few years I could get one!

cunkhead - 'the good old days are gone'.

Two observations to cheer you up a little.....

[1] They will be back, its a cyclical thing, boom-slump-depression-recovery, and it has always been that way.

[2] Every cloud etc - if importing is expensive, exporting is cheap, the US will be buying Canadian, and like-wise the other way around, if importing is cheap, exporting is expensive, Canada will be buying from the US. Somebody always has an edge regardless..... if you can't buy the US stuff 'cause the price is up, perhaps this is the time to sell some stuff over the border.

Archived