Gibson Brands Forums

SANSJAM 2012

ol fred

SANSJAM 2012 has come and gone. Despite the brutal 107 degree temperature and a lot of last minute cancellations we had a great time.

Unfortunately, there is no video or audio record, Our videographer had been on a plane for three weeks and was to spaced to have to work in this weather.

I do have a few stills taken during the daylight hours before the stage opened and will get them posted in a couple of days.

Thanks to all involved especially those of you who couldn't make it but did provide music for our backround . [thumbup]

Next Year SANSJAM 2013. But not in August thank you.

BTW does anyone have a recipe for two that include 30 lbs or medium rare Tri-Tip ? [crying]

Nick.... I take back all the bad things I ever said about ya [flapper]

Fred, good time.

Stage was perfect! After you got the PA's tuned in, the sound was fabulous!

Too bad some old fart forgot his P-Bass...but luckily Mike brought one over, and then he got on Curt's new Gold Top and played the holy heck out of it!

Maute (Sp?) is a great singer.... thank goodness she was there to fill the void in 'palatable voices'!

Was great to meet Nick and Peter....great guys, both.

Of course there's Nodehopper, who simply has to be one of the nicest guys ever.

The food.... bar..... cold drinks & horse ovaries....all fantastic!

Fred, (AND Dottie) I want to thank you so much for your hospitality, conviviality, and friendship. It was just too bad my Wife and I had to leave before the real PARTY started AND we missed BBQ. ](*,) (unfortunately, these days a travel agent has to do more than Priceline/Orbitz which means pick up the phone when a customer has issues and act to solve them....get that from a faceless online travel site) WE both really enjoyed ourselves and the company and music.

It was great seeing some old friends like DanvillRob and his charming Wife along with their Pack of Pugs. It was also great to meet a new friend J45Nick. I have now met in real life 5 Gibson Forumites and all have been outstanding people....hmmmmm must be a coincidence [lol]

Next year we will try and camp overnight so we can stay up with the adults and party till the sun comes up or the cops break it up.

Thanks again and let's hope that next year the weather cooperates and it is at least cooler than the planet Mercury ...cause it was definitely too hot!

Next year maybe we can get more forum members to show and meet in real life.

Fred, (AND Dottie) I want to thank you so much for your hospitality, conviviality, and friendship. It was just too bad my Wife and I had to leave before the real PARTY started AND we missed BBQ. ](*,) (unfortunately, these days a travel agent has to do more than Priceline/Orbitz which means pick up the phone when a customer has issues and act to solve them....get that from a faceless online travel site) WE both really enjoyed ourselves and the company and music.

It was great seeing some old friends like DanvillRob and his charming Wife along with their Pack of Pugs. It was also great to meet a new friend J45Nick. I have now met in real life 5 Gibson Forumites and all have been outstanding people....hmmmmm must be a coincidence [lol]

Next year we will try and camp overnight so we can stay up with the adults and party till the sun comes up or the cops break it up.

Thanks again and let's hope that next year the weather cooperates and it is at least cooler than the planet Mercury ...cause it was definitely too hot!

Next year maybe we can get more forum members to show and meet in real life.

The informal jam in the 'music room' was nice....but when we got on stage, it got really 'groovy'! Tony is a very good drummer, and it's hard to beat Curt on lead guitar.

You're right...next year you have to sit at the grown-up's table!

forgive me sticking my big nose into your party .... which sounds like a lot of fun.... but why's it called 'sansjam'??

I'll try to answer this.

Fred actually lives ON TOP of the "Never Sweat Mine" in the foothills of California.

It's an old abandoned gold mine, there is an entrance in the middle of the road between Fred's place and his neighbors house, (I have to drive around the 'sinkhole' to get my motor home parked!).

So.... Sometimes Annual Never Sweat JAM

forgive me sticking my big nose into your party .... which sounds like a lot of fun.... but why's it called 'sansjam'??

PM is almost right, We get really toasted but we're not very sweet.

Actually....since it's partly your party as well, (you're on the mailing list aren't you ?) My house is located on the site of a gold rush ghost town. The mine in my front yard was the Never Sweat Mine and the property eventually became the Never Sweat Ranch. Since we occasionally miss a year....... it's the Sometimes Annual Never Sweat Jam

Archived