Gibson Brands Forums

Holy Grail Reverb

Rocky4

Sign o the times I guess....but seriously, there are people who will only buy products if is says Made in the US.....so it is very misleading to the consumer....now that could mean the " body is stamped in China but assembled in U.S but still......

Guest Rabs Vista

Sign o the times I guess....but seriously, there are people who will only buy products if is says Made in the US.....so it is very misleading to the consumer....now that could mean the " body is stamped in China but assembled in U.S but still......

It's the mass produced project box that's made in China. Not saying that it's not dubious, that's a matter of opinion but I don't have a problem with an item saying "made in *****" when some of the components may not be. Furthermore, when buying electronic items I would plump for Asian made over American (or British for that matter) every time.

This has already been posted before.

Pretty much any pedal (made in America or not) will use an enclosure made overseas. Same thing with the components. They're all made overseas. There's nothing you can really do to get around it.

But even though that stamp is not and indicator that the pedal was built outside the US, I remember reading that EHX does have their circuitboards populated overseas. Pretty much everyone gets their circuitboards made in Asia, but populating them overseas and then marking the item as made in America is pretty sheisty.

P1010005-3.jpg

The "enclosure" the metal casing manufactured by NSC is made in China, just like 98% of the parts inside every electronic gadgets and appliances we all own. The pedal itself is "assembled in NYC, USA.

What is not made in China these days.....the computer you are using to browse this thead is made in China without a doubt [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Archived