Gibson Brands Forums

Concert Moved, I Want Refund

Rocky4

I bought tickets to see moe. The concert was to be outside on our local riverfront. Due to a chance of rain, the concert was moved inside to a less than desirable venue. The refund policy states that all ticketed events will be held regardless of weather conditions. I asked for a refund and was told it was up to the promoter. Do I have a legitimate complaint?

The refund policy states that all ticketed events will be held regardless of weather conditions.

Seems to me they have made a more than stellar effort to accommodate the safety and enjoyment of the consumers and performers. From their disclaimer, they could of just let you sit in a mud puddle in the rain and let the show go on, as I'm sure the stage is covered.

As I see it, you bought a ticket to the "performance" not the venue. As I am also in the midwest (St. Louis), I'd be glad to be ANYWHERE indoors this weekend.

I bought tickets to see moe. The concert was to be outside on our local riverfront. Due to a chance of rain, the concert was moved inside to a less than desirable venue. The refund policy states that all ticketed events will be held regardless of weather conditions. I asked for a refund and was told it was up to the promoter. Do I have a legitimate complaint?

Just go to the indoor concert. You'll stay dry.

I'm also in St. Louis and I welcome the rain...we need it.

I'd rather take my chances with the rain than see a show at a place that has the acoustics of a garbage can. Besides, there's only a 50% chance of rain. It was 40% yesterday when the announcement was made.

I hear yas man! I went to see Frampton here locally in North Carolina not long ago and the near-by bad weather made them move the event inside to a 2300 seat arena. I got stuck in the balcony with some of the worst sound ever, I know it would have sounded better out side. Frampton was one of my childhood hero's, Frampton Comes Alive was the first album I ever owned and I'm happy I got to see the show! I could not bear the bad sound so I left after he finished the original set from the whole album. Many people left much sooner but I wanted to at least hear the album I knew as a kid. And it did sound (musically) just like the recording I remember from the 70's.

Archived