Gibson Brands Forums

Young Joe Bonamassa When I played Fenders and Sounded like SRV

bluesguitar65

Acid wash jeans with pleats = awesome.

Joe has been around forever, a few years ago I posted a thread "Any Joe Bonamassa fans in here" and I got replies like Bona-who?

Then Joe started dressing for Martini bars or leisure days at the Hamptons, I guess you have to differentiate yourself somehow when you play blues.

Joe is such a greta guitarsit and his pletora of tones is incredible, his singing I cannot stomach for too long.

Joe has been around forever, a few years ago I posted a thread "Any Joe Bonamassa fans in here" and I got replies like Bona-who?

At his concert I went to earlier this year he was selling bumper stickers that said "Joe Bona - who?"

Then Joe started dressing for Martini bars or leisure days at the Hamptons, I guess you have to differentiate yourself somehow when you play blues.

And, as I understand it, He got famous, got a hot girlfriend and then lost a lot of weight! [rolleyes][laugh]

Joe is such a greta guitarsit and his pletora of tones is incredible, his singing I cannot stomach for too long.

I'm so glad to hear someone say that. His playing is awesome. His concert was awesome. But I have heard people rave about his singing! That I don't get. [confused]

A lot of his older albums are recorded with Strats and Teles.

About his voice, his voice itself is not the problem, to me the issue is his style, what I call his "dragging H" when he sings as if there was an "H" in front of every syllable. Drives me nuts.

I think the music/guitar world is a much better world with Joe in it. His almost child like enthusiasm is still as strong as ever and I think he still doesn't believe how things have worked out so well as well as having endorsements from Gibson etc....

He is an exceptionally talented Guitarist and has truly worked his butt off to get where he is. He has been a huge force on keeping the blues in the people's consciousness as well as rocking out in true classic rock style with Black Country Communion. He's a really down to earth guy and always has time for his fans.

Most of all, his productivity is truly phenomenal, churning out at least one album a year, sometimes two. this year he will have three albums released, Driving Towards the Daylight, The new BCC album and a live album from the Beacon in New York City on the 24th of this month. He gives his fans exactly what they want, great Guitar driven music and plenty of it.

Archived