Gibson Brands Forums

I am always the last to hear

Johnt

Norman was just the catalyst..... I sat in his emporium whilst he plied me with ES-335s of many ages and allowed me to play them all A/B with a modded Sherry from 2004. And the only one that made me say 'yup - THAT's better enough to warrant paying a bit more.....' was £24,500 (1959 ES-335).

So - I then persuaded a C&W player in the smoke that his '96 sherry with Seymour Duncan 59's would be better with me than with him, and hopefully it will arrive sometime soon, or not, but I can't tell you that, for that would be tempting providence.

So [-( let :-$ us [-X never O:) talk =; of :-& this O:) again.

Leastways - not until after the event.....

And now, gratuitous bouncing titties yay2.gif with thanks to surfpup.....

He plays an Epiphone.

Soon' date=' I too will play an Epiphone.

Then the world will be mine, all mine I tell you.....

bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah

Hey "Thermionik"

When they 1st started out didn't he play an old Harmony or something ?? I seem to remember he had some really crappy guitar that he could make sound better than I could get any of my 2,000 $ guitars to sound.

He really p_ss's me off!!

I dunno - he seems to play an old and cheap Epi (Olympic????) these days' date=' which sounds very good in his hands and under [b']Gillian Welch[/b]'s voice when he accompanies her.....

.....but I can say no more on that subject =P~:-k=D>

those old epis - olympics, wilshires, coronets - get big bucks these days. there was a coronet at elderly selling for $3500 and they command a very high price on ebay $4K+. i like the thin necks, single p90 and the quirky style although i bet many are, were plagued with bad intonation. epi had a reisssue of the wilshire a couple years ago but it just wasn't the same (insert sighing emoticon here. sorry,n!k, no titties)

Archived