Gibson Brands Forums

Wow Gibson Look out Neck-Though Les Paul Copy

max2343

Just got this thing and Wow it Frick-in Sweet and Ive owned and played Gibsons for over 35yrs. Almost Flawless Set up out of the Case real good no nut Issues at all. Nice neck-through with a Belly Cut and Scarfed neck Its about 10lbs and Solid. The Ebony Board is Smooth as glass and is not pourous like my 07 Custom Classic. Go Figure. Im still Shocked it was 600 Delivered. Gibson better step up their Game and atleast get rid of their nut/ Intonation Issues and maybe start offering what their Advertising a real Soild Body Because these guys are like Rocky in the cooler bang-in up slabs of Beef working real hard while Gibsons stitting on the couch lazing around the TV WHEN THEY SHOULD BE DOING ALOT MORE BECAUSE THEY ARE LOOSING SALES. Im Hooked and Sold and getting a Couple More.I Bugged them for 4 months to give me a 1 11/16 wide neck/nut instead of their 1 3/4 or 1 5/8 and they did it. How Kool is that

016.jpg

006.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

It is Sweet Right and I havent even pulled the Covers Ive got some Tar-Backs from a 76 Explorer Im gonea drop in soon with a pair of old real vintage paper in oil Caps. Dubinlins I think. and am getting another 1 in what they call Rootbeer Flame and gonea get 1 when the Custom Shop reopens in October with a 3/4 Maple top with a Flyod. Ill get another photo up

It sure looks nice.. but the thing is, how does it sound and play compared to a Gibson?

Ive played guitars that come close.. but theres nothing quite like a proper Gibson to me in terms of feel and sound.

Thats what Ive been Saying it plays better. Right out of the box even with those factory pickups it sounds Sweet. The playability is better than my Newer Gibsons. No pigging at the nut and no Intonation Issues what so ever. When I intonatte it it holds steady on my meter for a long time then falls flat and its all within Range..I was holding off on trying one because they came with what I consider too skinny of necks. Until just about a week ago (because Ive been bugging them to produce and provide me with a normal wide neck) they only came in 1 1/58 & 1 1/34 inch nuts.This thing plays like a Dream. Im amazed at this and with some old Vintage pickups in or maybe some Duncans or Dimarzios or EMGs this thing will blow away my Gibsons. The construction Quality is way better being a neck-through and with Gibson you have to spend upwards of over 2500 dollars to even just get a long tenionThe Feel is Incredible and Im kinda pissed because Ive been spending soo much cash with Gibson.With this in Hand my Gibsons are gonea be collecting dust in their cases because I wont be playing them

got mine back when anything in the "3 series" (any model 3000 & above) was called their "Prestige Series".

amazing examples of Korean craftsmanship....

I actually prefer mine to my old Standard.

I even like the ceramic p'ups....

AL3000-abalone' inlays

GarysCam115.jpg

perfect out of the box, even arrived in tune.....setup & intonation perfect.

the 18-1 Grovers are a bonus too

Thats what Ive been Saying it plays better. Right out of the box even with those factory pickups it sounds Sweet. The playability is better than my Newer Gibsons. No pigging at the nut and no Intonation Issues what so ever. When I intonatte it it holds steady on my meter for a long time then falls flat and its all within Range..I was holding off on trying one because they came with what I consider too skinny of necks. Until just about a week ago (because Ive been bugging them to produce and provide me with a normal wide neck) they only came in 1 1/58 & 1 1/34 inch nuts.This thing plays like a Dream. Im amazed at this and with some old Vintage pickups in or maybe some Duncans or Dimarzios or EMGs this thing will blow away my Gibsons. The construction Quality is way better being a neck-through and with Gibson you have to spend upwards of over 2500 dollars to even just get a long tenionThe Feel is Incredible and Im kinda pissed because Ive been spending soo much cash with Gibson.With this in Hand my Gibsons are gonea be collecting dust in their cases because I wont be playing them

Id kinda like to try one but I just wont buy a guitar without trying it first (but thats just me :))

It sort of reminds me of that one posted a short while ago (apparently on the Gibson Facebook page). I think its still being developed from what I have read.

425094_476364912375352_880795187_n_zpsecf2ff91.jpg

33722_167343326610847_6045942_n_zpsa0289c98.jpg

71918_167192333292613_3306711_n_zpsdfec5f30.jpg

555974_469410183071135_841413603_n_zpsd0b61414.jpg

That is a great looking guitar.I've heard a lot of good things about Rondo and was thinking about a SX Furrian Tele copy they make for about a hundred bucks,with gig bag:-s .I was amazed at the huge line of guitars they have and the options seem endless with finishes:blink:.............Nice burst you got there.eusa_clap.gif

got mine back when anything in the "3 series" (any model 3000 & above) was called their "Prestige Series".

amazing examples of Korean craftsmanship....

I actually prefer mine to my old Standard.

I even like the ceramic p'ups....

AL3000-abalone' inlays

GarysCam115.jpg

perfect out of the box, even arrived in tune.....setup & intonation perfect.

the 18-1 Grovers are a bonus too

That one has a Sweet Top Real nice

Id kinda like to try one but I just wont buy a guitar without trying it first (but thats just me :))

It sort of reminds me of that one posted a short while ago (apparently on the Gibson Facebook page). I think its still being developed from what I have read.

425094_476364912375352_880795187_n_zpsecf2ff91.jpg

33722_167343326610847_6045942_n_zpsa0289c98.jpg

71918_167192333292613_3306711_n_zpsdfec5f30.jpg

555974_469410183071135_841413603_n_zpsd0b61414.jpg

I dont know wth hes holdings in his hands but its most likely 2 bags of pure gold because if gibson going to offer those in a neck through its going to way too much and I was like you not going to buy if I cant play one but I just had to and u can send them back. Look at it this way Ive been looking on ebay for months for a Agile neck through used and havent see one. I wont sell mine and who ever is getting these is feeling the same

Archived