Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson in nature

JuanCarlosVejar

Great pics. Thanks JC.

The one playing by the snow reminds of a thread some time ago about the smarts of taking nitro out in the cold risking some checking. I don't remember the collective opinion, but I would be too concerned do it. I recall this pic was posted -

129446589.gIRZ6Eys.StephenStills.jpg

Great pics. Thanks JC.

The one playing by the snow reminds of a thread some time ago about the smarts of taking nitro out in the cold risking some checking. I don't remember the collective opinion, but I would be too concerned do it. I recall this pic was posted -

129446589.gIRZ6Eys.StephenStills.jpg

Those wacky rock stars!!

Fred

That J200 perched on the rocks is pretty scary, too.

A little gust of wind, and the poor thing would truly be on the rocks!

my first thought too when I saw that.

my other thought was,, holy cow snow!

nice picks all the same

folks I saw these photos through the gibson facebook. I believe they are taken by a five star japanese dealer visting montana . Don can be seen playing a J 200

Were these from awhile ago? I notice than Don is playing a 2009 model.

-- Bob R

Were these from awhile ago? I notice than Don is playing a 2009 model.

-- Bob R

Bob ,

why do you say it's a 2009 ??

if you think it's because of the label ... I must clarify they are reusing the 20th ann label for a custom run of SJ 200's and Doves

here is one of the said doves : http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/16139/Gibson-Custom-Shop-50th-Anniversary-Dove-Acoustic-Guitar-/

JC

if you think it's because of the label ... I must clarify they are reusing the 20th ann label for a custom run of SJ 200's and Doves

here is one of the said doves : http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/16139/Gibson-Custom-Shop-50th-Anniversary-Dove-Acoustic-Guitar-/

You are right, both that my belief the SJ-200 is a 2009 was based on the label and that the 20th Anniversary (of Bozeman) label looks a lot like the 50th Anniversary (of the Dove) label. You say that there is a recent run of SJ-200s with that label too? That seems odd, since the analogue of the 50th Anniversary Dove would be the 75th Anniversary SJ-200, and those (like the originals) don't have a label. So what SJ-200s are they on?

-- Bob

You are right, both that my belief the SJ-200 is a 2009 was based on the label and that the 20th Anniversary (of Bozeman) label looks a lot like the 50th Anniversary (of the Dove) label. You say that there is a recent run of SJ-200s with that label too? That seems odd, since the analogue of the 50th Anniversary Dove would be the 75th Anniversary SJ-200, and those (like the originals) don't have a label. So what SJ-200s are they on?

-- Bob

SJ20075.jpg

DOVEN.jpg

more of the SJ 200 :

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-montana/j-200-75th-anniversary-quilt/

JC

Remembered - but thinking about it, , , was Stills ever seen with this Triple-O again.

As you say, I can't think of any later pics of him with that guitar. Maybe someone will school us. Doing a cursory check of pics, I came across this video, reminding me of the the sig version that came out a while back (2005?) -

They had one of these at Elderly a time ago; very nice slot head. Anyone ever seen pics of his collection? I though it was very cool when Dhani helped put together the pics of his dad's collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvXW5JyGpI

.As you say, I can't think of any later pics of him with that guitar.

And then here in 2010 it suddenly is. A surprise for me - and I didn't even look it for while watching their site.

SNC ~ StillsOOO-45_zps3415073d.jpg

Never really heard the model before – maybe on records without knowing.

Though in normal tuning, very loose and almost spanish guitar like. Presume it's a spendid finger-picker and would have liked to hear an example of that.

Also it would be cool to see the full Stills collection. Actually there are several collections I'd like to study.

Hey there is an idea for a thread. For which and whose herd would you like to be guest sheppard ?

And then here in 2010 it suddenly is. A surprise for me - and I didn't even look it for while watching their site.

SNC ~ StillsOOO-45_zps3415073d.jpg

Never really heard the model before – maybe on records without knowing.

Though in normal tuning, very loose and almost spanish guitar like. Presume it's a spendid finger-picker and would have liked to hear an example of that.

Also it would be cool to see the full Stills collection. Actually there are several collections I'd like to study.

Hey there is an idea for a thread. For which and whose herd would you like to be guest sheppard ?

Interestingly, that's a 12-fret 000, which has a totally different, old-fashioned body shape like much earlier Martins. Not sure when the "modern" 14-fret "square" shoulder 000 came online.

Archived