Gibson Brands Forums

Think I'm going to do something weird.

ksdaddy

I was given a Samick. It looked like this:

20uzbyu.jpg

I repaired it, added a maple veneer to the front of the headstock, and sprayed the entire back of the neck with deeply tinted lacquer. It now looks like this:

ogm6c6.jpg

I can't get $50 out of it.

I'm thinking about hanging it on an exterior wall of a tool shed and taking a photo of it every day for a year. Just to see what Mother Nature will do to it.

I was given a Samick. It looked like this:

20uzbyu.jpg

I repaired it, added a maple veneer to the front of the headstock, and sprayed the entire back of the neck with deeply tinted lacquer. It now looks like this:

ogm6c6.jpg

I can't get $50 out of it.

I'm thinking about hanging it on an exterior wall of a tool shed and taking a photo of it every day for a year. Just to see what Mother Nature will do to it.

that, or make a clock outta it....

Some fool would buy it for a hundred bucks if you made it into a novelty item.

I like the picture a day for a year idea, that would be cool.

Or, find a kid who can't afford a guitar and give it to him and go back in a year and see how that worked out. That would be cool too.

There is an anti-suicide charity in Austin that gives guitars to kids, it's called Pick With Austin. I know the guy who runs it, he's a really sweet guy who loves guitar and lost his son a year or two ago to suicide. He's always looking for guitars to give kids. You might want to contact him.

http://www.PickWithAustin.com/

But I also like the idea of taking a picture of it every day.

There is an anti-suicide charity in Austin that gives guitars to kids, it's called Pick With Austin. I know the guy who runs it, he's a really sweet guy who loves guitar and lost his son a year or two ago to suicide. He's always looking for guitars to give kids. You might want to contact him.

http://www.PickWithAustin.com/

But I also like the idea of taking a picture of it every day.

On a long ago visit I bought Leslie a drink. He dead?

rct

I think you did the right thing giving the guuitar to that organization... If you hung it outside for a year someone would just steal it any way... Unless you live in some far off remote neighborhood that is good. Do those still exist?

Umm.. have you been to Caribou, Maine?

Have you seen the 'toys' (not guitars) both Scott and Penny enjoy playing with? I think it would be fair to say if he hung it out this afternoon, it would still be there in 20 years. But... I think donating it is still the best use of it.

Archived