Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Hummingbird PRO

keeffan

Looks pretty. Where did you get yours from? I've not seen any of the Pro models available anywhere yet.

Honestly, I lucked into it. I had been anxiously awaiting their arrival at the big box stores so I could pick one up for a good price. I think that the street price should be around $330. One showed up on ebay along with 2 Dove Pro's, turns out it was an Epiphone dealer in my city. He had gotten the Epiphone Dealer of the month award and somehow got his hands on a few advance models. Even got it for $299 with setup!

Oh nice that is a good deal! Sam Ash did a custom set-up on my Texan when I got it back in spring of 2011, sales guy asked me how I liked it set-up and he took it back to the tech guy who did the job. When he brought it back it was not how I expected it so he took it right back to him and re did it and when he brought it back out the 2nd time it was perfect. It had coated medium strings on it from the factory and I had him put on a fresh set of my brand (Martin light's 80/20 Marquis) witch is likely the reason why it needed a re-tweaking. He wanted to make sure I was happy with it. For a big box store that Sam Ash was a good experience over all better than GC. I do go to GC for my normal strings and such but if the Sam Ash was closer to me I'd go there instead. It's probably just the people in charge that are making the difference as you never know what you'll find from store to store.

glad they fixed the burst finish on these...for awhile they have looked like the 70s era gibsons with gooped on poly. Does the finish feel thick like before, or thin more like masterbilt?

Definitely not a thin finish, but doesn't seem as thick as some of the other Epi acoustics I've seen.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice. I just found a Ltd Ed Humingbird Artist in the faded cherry finish. It doesn't have the hummingbird engraved pickguard but it is a nice looking guitar too. Especially for $249. My Epis are getting a bit old and I might need a replacement before long. Definitely on the 'to get' list.

Looks like a good one. Play it and play it and play it!

Archived