Gibson Brands Forums

Remembering George Harrison

j45nick

Don't know how long this link will be live, or whether it is available world-wide. Now 11 years after the death of George Harrison, this is the 10-year-old Concert for George video. Mind-blowing music and great performances by some of the best, including Clapton, Tom Petty, etc. Even a few Gibsons in the mix.

Even if you only have time to watch the first 10 minutes or so, it's worth it.

Amazing what occasionally great music was created by the members of that over-rated boy band from Liverpool so many years ago......

My link

I've seen the DVD and got the album - a worthy and huuuuge night.

One of the hardest Fab-songs to sing might be Old Brown Shoe - Gary Brooker took care that one, if recall it right.

And never underestimate late Billy Preston - a vintage friend - almost member - of the band.

Boy Band !!

Maybe temporarily packaged as such for a short time when I think about it..

rather not think about it.. : )

Magic.

Master songsmiths..

Thanks for the link.

I skipped through it cause Ive seen this...but when I tried to revist the link it was blocked.

Why wasn't Pete Best there...? He more than most there in a tribute to his life. To do songs which George sang in they're formative years.

And Ravi Shankar too old to play? I saw the movie Gandhi and was so impressed with his music I got two copies of that soundtrack.

The high point to me by a mile was the two songs begining at 1hr :09min "The Inner Light"..with his gorgeous niece/daughter playing that Sitar...and "My Sweet Lord".. Billy Preston beautifull version.

(Pauls shaky voice & Clapton trying to play along during that Indian piece were the low..)

Yeah, remembering George Harrison. I actually met him once (at the 1979 Brazilian Grand Prix, oldly enough; he was a good friend of Emerson Fittipaldi) and got his autograph--which he did in a big, bold flourishing hand, making it so suitable for framing. Needless to say, it's one of my prized possessions.

For years, George Harrison was underrated. The "quite Beatle" stands head-and-shoulders above the others. All the mainstream public heard about for years was Lennon and McCartney, but George was the "class" of the outfit. Once the world got to know more about him, it was evident why he was typically so quiet: his talent and humanity spoke volumns about him.

Yeah, remembering George Harrison. I actually met him once (at the 1979 Brazilian Grand Prix, oldly enough; he was a good friend of Emerson Fittipaldi) and got his autograph--which he did in a big, bold flourishing hand, making it so suitable for framing. Needless to say, it's one of my prized possessions.

Faster

Using one of his V for Vendeda acoustics : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13yThFH-AW0

I find myself watching the Concert For George quite often. I think it rates up there with The Last Waltz, another of my favorites. It's hard to believe it's been this many years since George left us. I love Billy Preston's version of My Sweet Lord and play it often. I also would have loved to have seen a version of "What Is Life" or "Crackerbox Palace" that night.

Archived