Gibson Brands Forums

Ngd pure voice

Motherofpearl

Well guys here she is. Completely satisfied now even with a couple cosmetic issues. The sound that I hated was the strings once I changed them it opened right up no more rubber bands. This will be my gigging guitar and sounds great through a PA. Still trying to figure out the equalizer.

44FCE6CF-48DB-450A-AF6A-80D1FAC70B13-3531-0000010456A8F58C.jpg

Ill update with more pics later. Some of you are probably thinking I should have sent it back but where this will be my player the bit of rash on the back I can live with especially since the cost of shipping it back and the wait for what could be the same is too much. Either way it's a great 45.

Jamie

Yes nick the strings were completely dead once I changed those the guitar changed. They don't go through the finish at all. It's not real bad. It's like someone never took there jacket off in the music room kind of thing buffer would work I'd say. Got a gig tonight for my Christmas party this one will be coming with me. Appreaciate all your guys input but I may have jumped the gun in a panic on this one.

"Still trying to figure out the equalizer. " What equalizer? Try either completely flat (high, mid and low all set at zero) or all set at 5 - in the middle. The amulet should send a very clean signal of your true guitar to a PA - I was surprised when I first did this with my JB and that stereo Trance - it was hard to wrap my brain around the "less is more" concept.

John Greven the Gruhn repair/luthier guy says..(aprox)

The telling of how good a guitar is,is how it sounds with old strings.

Most guitars sound pretty good with new strings.

Now that you have your favorite strings...play that thing..and in a week re evaluate...if you have time 2 weeks.

Guitar looks nice.

Does this model have a Vintage bracing patern?

Well guys here she is. Completely satisfied now even with a couple cosmetic issues. The sound that I hated was the strings once I changed them it opened right up no more rubber bands. This will be my gigging guitar and sounds great through a PA. Still trying to figure out the equalizer.

44FCE6CF-48DB-450A-AF6A-80D1FAC70B13-3531-0000010456A8F58C.jpg

Ill update with more pics later. Some of you are probably thinking I should have sent it back but where this will be my player the bit of rash on the back I can live with especially since the cost of shipping it back and the wait for what could be the same is too much. Either way it's a great 45.

Jamie

MOP ,

so it wasn't pristine when you purchased it ?

did you get a discount ?

JC

Archived